Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING on HBO
[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION]...that could be the case as well....

I feel left out with alot of my friends when they are talking about it so I think I will give it a dark room no interruptions chance and then decide....

There are alot of shows that are critically acclaimed or popular that I don't really care for too much....

East Wrote:No one is allowed to talk to me or even breathe during The Walking Dead LOLOL...and all the lights must be out...and it must be quiet. I give it my 100% complete attention..same with a few other shows...like ROME...or Six Feet Under...or Carnivale....

LOL. I've actually been diagnosed with "Inattentive ADD", and The Walking Dead is one of the few shows that I can actually concentrate on. I don't know what it is about it, but I plan my Sunday evenings around it.

Another one of new favorites (besides Looking) is 'The Knick' on Cinemax

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:LOL. I've actually been diagnosed with "Inattentive ADD", and The Walking Dead is one of the few shows that I can actually concentrate on. I don't know what it is about it, but I plan my Sunday evenings around it.

Another one of new favorites (besides Looking) is 'The Knick' on Cinemax

This is the first I have heard of The Knick...but if you love Walking Dead...I am interested to find out more about it. I don't have Cinemax but I have AMAZON Prime on my ROKU box and I can pretty much order any TV show and it is free or I have to pay a small fee and it becomes part of my library....

Are there any zombies in The Knick?

East Wrote:I was glad I watched...sorta...in a good familiar "sorta" way....

It reminded me of a lot of things...this show is DEFINITELY true to part of my life...damn. It is almost surreal for me....like how do they capture something so perfectly? I have never really seen it before in any gay movie or show except maybe Tales of the City. I
am thinking since it takes place in the Bay Area that the writers must have written what they knew...because they captured a lot of things perfectly. I know Tales was written by Armistead Maupin who did write about real stuff in San Francisco and it completely captured exactly the people and the vibe at the time...this is pretty close as well....
I will definitely keep watching...hope it continues....

I'm also currently enjoying the second season. Yes, it's very well captured, even though I've never been to San Francisco, nor do I know the vibe other than second hand. But it seems to me that both those shows capture it well. Another one (recent) was Downtown L.A. with Darryl Stephens

I've also enjoyed, in recent times, the Australian series, A Place To Call Home
which has a gay subtext / story, even though it's not technically about gay life so much, but it shows great changes in attitudes and depicts a different kind of world and mentality in small town Australia in the 50s. Well worth a watch, good actors, good script.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2258904/
[Image: MV5BMjE5Mzk4Mzg0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA4...SY632_.jpg]
With the very lovely eye-candy boys, David Berry, Craig Hall and Aldo Mignone. Not to mention debonaire and suave Matt Levett, who played a gay hooker in another Australian production called Devil's Playground (a modern remake of Fred Schepisi's original story about Catholic priests abusing young boys).

[Image: MV5BMTQ5MjEzMzgyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA2...SY632_.jpg][Image: aptch_cast_craig_hall_630x354_18mptj6-18mptjo.jpg][Image: aptch_cast_aldo_mignone_630x354_18mptog-18mptqi.jpg]
[Image: MV5BMTg0MzMyODc2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU3...SY632_.jpg]

www.imdb.com/title/tt3451836/

I did watch DTLA and I liked it alot...kinda sad that they didn't continue....

The other one looks good but that brings another thought to mind...I don't think I have ever seen any Australian TV series except for The Thorn Birds miniseries...hmmmmm...I don't even usually hear about them....maybe I will check it out

East Wrote:This is the first I have heard of The Knick...but if you love Walking Dead...I am interested to find out more about it. I don't have Cinemax but I have AMAZON Prime on my ROKU box and I can pretty much order any TV show and it is free or I have to pay a small fee and it becomes part of my library....

Are there any zombies in The Knick?

It's kinda like House, but it's based in the early 1900s on the Knickerbocker Hospital in NYC. It shows how far medical procedures have come, and the dangers of the new breakthrough miracle pain drugs like cocaine and heroin. In a nutshell, the star of the show, Dr Thackery, becomes hooked on cocaine. You can imagine where it leads from there.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:It's kinda like House, but it's based in the early 1900s on the Knickerbocker Hospital in NYC. It shows how far medical procedures have come, and the dangers of the new breakthrough miracle pain drugs like cocaine and heroin. In a nutshell, the star of the show, Dr Thackery, becomes hooked on cocaine. You can imagine where it leads from there.
That sounds interesting, PCB. Thanks for the heads up.

okay. i watched this thing. Looking, that is. i think the best, and the realest character for me was Lynn, the guy who owns the florist shop. he struck me as genuine and comes closest to me being able to relate to.

the guy who makes my skin crawl in all this is Agustin. ugh! he's so fucking fake and hypocritical. don't tell me any of you actually dig that type.

meridannight Wrote:okay. i watched this thing. Looking, that is. i think the best, and the realest character for me was Lynn, the guy who owns the florist shop. he struck me as genuine and comes closest to me being able to relate to.

the guy who makes my skin crawl in all this is Agustin. ugh! he's so fucking fake and hypocritical. don't tell me any of you actually dig that type.

Yeah...I like Lynn too. My favorite was Dom but I kinda like Richie a little more now after the second episode....

Augustin is a very true to life character...and he is a mess. I don't hate him though...I see people like him as a car with no brakes....I definitely don't love the guy or even really like him...but I do know people like him...or at least I used to....