Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last thing said
The last thing I say before I leave the house is, "Love ya!" to whoever is up just in case I get in a car wreck and die, to make sure my last words to that person were something they could remember happily.

I suppose its a little morbid, and certainly pretty paranoid, but its not enough to stop me from going to drive (...most of the time), and I like taking that preemptive check. I never like leaving the house on a sour note with someone.

Anybody else have any preemptive paranoia pronouncements like this?

Deryn Wrote:The last thing I say before I leave the house is, "Love ya!" to whoever is up just in case I get in a car wreck and die, to make sure my last words to that person were something they could remember happily.

I suppose its a little morbid, and certainly pretty paranoid, but its not enough to stop me from going to drive (...most of the time), and I like taking that preemptive check. I never like leaving the house on a sour note with someone.

Anybody else have any preemptive paranoia pronouncements like this?

WOW...I have been doing stuff like that for as long as I can remember. I never heard anyone else say it aloud before. I am superstitious about it.

I do the same thing you do...I know how fragile life can be.

Nope. Single, live alone, not close to anyone here. I'm good. Lol

yes actually. Have a whole set of rituals. :redface: I am usually the last one to leaves the house, but I get up early just because of it. I thought my partner didn't care much, but last week we had argued in the evening and I didn't even get up when he was leaving. I wasn't surprised that I felt bad during that day, but he confessed later, that he felt uneasy because of the lack of that ritual too.
So, yeah... seeing him to the door, asking all those questions, waving him from the window, praying he comes back safely... I can't do without it :redface:

Hmmm...

Well, I don't say anything when I leave the house, but I'm a fan of sticky notes :redface: .

I always leaves notes around, sometimes without words, just with my signature;

Which is a very specific music note, and is the only one I ever sign with and sometimes I leave smiley faces next to it to show my mood that morning/day.

That way if I ever get into trouble, they know what to lookout for, as I'm probably the only person who signs with this particular music note.

We generally don't say "love you" unless we're leaving somewhere for awhile, because it feels like a goodbye. We say I love you and stuff, but we've lived together and have literally learned each other's ways of thinking and habits for all my life. So we already know without words.

I get that it helps some people, but for us, it's a given and is only said if one of us goes abroad or something.

In addition to my Music note signature, my mom and grandmother have specific signatures as well that we would recognize in a case of importance.

So not so much "Last Thing Said" for us, but more like "Last Sticky Note" :biggrin: .

When i leave my home i tell my dogs i love them.... :-)

Well,

When me and my friends part ways I don't say, "Goodbye..!" or "Bye!". Mostly cause to me that means I'm not gonna see the person again. So I say, "See yaaa'!" or "Laterz!!"

So.. No goodbye's, just see you later's..

hehe Rolleyes

Last thing I say before leaving the house is "where's mah keys, where's mah phone." I'm that guy who is mostly late, so I'm all over the place when leaving the house.

I have done that all my life .
We are a family that always hug and kiss, as well as saying I love you when one of us leaves.

Both my sons are grown up now , into fine young men.
Yet the tradition lives on, and I think it's a great thing.

I always leave before my partner, and most of the time she's actually still sleeping but I kiss her on the forehead, tell her I love her, she mumbles something along the lines of "I ub roo" :tongue: and I say that I'm leaving. Even though she's not entirely conscious she still knows if I've done it, & equally importantly I know I've done it so I won't have regrets should something happen to one of us. On a side note as soon as she wakes up she texts me to say good morning, that she loves me, and that she hopes I have a good day. :biggrin: