Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest news on the river.
The land of Floods and Fires.... Hmm and here I thought it was the land of Beer and Kangaroos!

I guess you all got the rains we were supposed to get this year. You can send some of that our way, things have gotten brittle dry down the embankment. I'm worried that we may see fires this year.

I suppose there isn't much you can do to stop a flood, just get out its way.

Do be safe.

BA why do you think it is the land of beer and Roos? Can't do much in floods, fires and droughts but sink a few while watching the bloody Roos run for their life

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jygyca

There is a reason we have a pub on every corner :biggrin:
It's for the drunk kangaroos and the stoned Koalas
Not to mention the drop bears Wink

To the latest .
The flat lands are still under and cut off from the city.
Evacuation orders are in effect.

As for the great lady she is receding just under the 6 meters.
Not as much boiling , which is always a good sign.

Here are the latest photos .
You will have to excuse the weather , Mother nature decided to rain on us.

[Image: river-going-down-008.gif]

[Image: river-going-down-027.gif]

[Image: river-going-down-030.gif]

[Image: river-going-down-031.gif]

[Image: river-going-down-032.gif]

[Image: river-going-down-033.gif].

dfiant Wrote:Australia is the land of flooding rains, and if it isn't floods it bushfires then droughts...it's an 11 year cycle basically. I think we will have one more wet summer, then summer 13/14 and 14/15 will be peak bushfire and then for the follow 3-4 years we will be gripped by drought again and it will start all over again in 2019/20 with floods.

I thought it was Bangladesh :biggrin: That was the land of floods

But Gosh, be safe, hope it wont be to devastating to you or your property Confusedmile:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Bangledesh is very very flat, so when it floods there it is very wide spread and it affects so many people, but it also brings with it enormous amounts of fertile top soil for farming.

The river levels are heading in the right direction now mum...fingers crossed no over night rain and the levels get below 5 metres.

Great to see the river levels falling close to 4 metres.

Unfortunately the forecast isn't terribly favourable for the levels continuing to fall. I hope what I am hearing on the news this morning doesn't eventuate.

An inland sea the size of France is moving through NSW, that inland sea is the result of flooding across Queensland and New South Wales in the couple of weeks. It will make its way through Victoria and South Australian in coming weeks, swelling with the addition heavy rain across NSW and Victoria

Rainbowmum Wrote:Me too dfiant.
So many people do not understand the harshness of this country .
I have traveled all over the world , and there is no way ,I would live anywhere else.
This is my home, and I love this country.

Us aussies adapt to it all, droughts, flooding,bushfire seasons, monsoon season and the occasional avalanche.

Bloody oath Mum, nothing like coming home after being over seas. Wouldn't live anywhere else in the world for quids Smile

Australia...My Country

I knew there was a reason why I lived above 5,000 ft. I don't have to worry about floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, or Earthquakes. Fires, blizzards, the occasional tornado, and a Super Volcano that erupts every 600,000 to 800,000 years are really about it.