Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Where You're At?
Killer whales (who so far usually ignore us kayakers...)
Porpoise & dolphin
Giant octopus -- really
Otters
Eels
Crabs
Bald eagles -- mating now
Peregrine falcon
many hawks
many owls
Nighthawks -- love their summer sounds
Turkey vultures -- back from their southern migration a month from now
Humming birds -- close on the tails of the vultures
Ravens -- so cool
Mink -- such pests
Coons
Black-tailed deer
Banana slugs -- huge!
my cuddly orange cat
my grumpy siamese cat

Rabbits, deer, racoons, Lots of cats right now, I've run across black widow spiders. Nothing too interesting.

Mick

I live in the country so it's a lot of different species of birds, there's cows, pigs, turkeys, rabbits, bears (rare though), possum, skunks, and all of the scary types of flying insects EVERYWHERE, that's may flies, horse flies, tons of mosquitoes, wasps, bees, and hornets. plus a few unidentified insects that I avoid like the plague.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I like cats, skunks (de-scented), horned toads, lizards, owls, hawks, eagles, bunnies, and turtles.

I would love to have a place to breed horned toads, they are on the endangered species list now.

Ocelots arent native to Texas, but Ive always wanted a pair for pets. Im a BIG cat freak!!

i have coyotes, crows, and they're out there somewhere: tortoise

We often see pukeko around bushes or parks/schools etc. They're one of my favourite birds, and is an icon of New Zealand.

They're so colourful and they sort of look like a tiny blue chicken mixed with a flamingo.

http://i1.treknature.com/photos/413/pukeko_and_babe.jpg

So cute!

Around here, in order of most often seen there is cardinals, black birds, blue jays, deer, armadillos, turkeys, opossums, wild hogs, rabbits, geese, skunks, coyotes, catfish, bass, gar, alligators, bears and that's not counting the bugs, worms and things.

Oh, right.
Frogs, ducks and terrapins(Rare) can be added to my list if you count the nearby canal.

Pigeons and foxes mostly, but you probably already know that! :biggrin:

With the river at the back of the property we get a lot of traveling critters, skunk, possum, raccoons, now only very rarely a mountain lion. The occasional beaver also makes it down this far.

We also have migrating birds, from Canadian Geese to Egrets. We have two variety of hawk, one has a nest in the Oak Tree near the back of the property, they come back to nest every year. I have the barn owl that has taken up residence in the Olive tree next to the house I hear him (her?) every night hooing away. Sparrows and many other species of birds... Of course with all the trees I have it is an inviting place for birds.

A couple varieties of bats show up in the twilight. I have bull frogs that have taken residence in the koi ponds. Squirrels - rats, mice, occasional lizards - I think tree frogs - I hear them but never see them.

Down the road a piece a neighbor has a flock of pea-fowl, the pea-hen likes to come here to roost at night, I guess when she is in heat the peacocks decide to also come visit...

Dog, cat, rabbit and other such critters are imports.

A plethora of insect life. I have a European honey bee Colony in the Eucalyptus tree... I decided to leave them bee Wink

Walking sticks, praying mantas, about three tons of lady bugs - all of which keep the pest insect populations more manageable. W ehave several species of butterfly and moth, a few are migrating species that show up once or twice a year.

Three-four days ago a minor flock of wild duck landed in the yard, hung around for about three hours then flew off.