Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loosing A Loved One
I am about to loose the man I have been with for 46 years.  He has congestive heart failure, kidney damage, and lungs that are about to give out...

He only has a few days left and is at home with me right now, resting peacefully.

We have loved each other thru the good and bad times of our life,  and now I have to find a way to let him go and it is tearing me apart..  I seem to be crying all day long and worrying that the next time I look over at him, he will be gone...

This is such a sad time in my life...  I am heartbroken..

Sincerely,
Jim Clark
We Have Elvis !!
[-] The following 1 member Likes jimcrackcorn's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I’m so sorry about your impending loss. I wish I could give you a hug. Your partner will be very, very grateful to be able to die at home, that you are taking care of him. You are doing the best you can in this terrible situation, which I hope will give you some relief after the end. (That’s what my mum said, after losing my dad to cancer, having taken care of him for 9 months). 

As for the loss, I can tell you that 3.5 years after losing my little brother, I still catch myself often wanting to tell him this or that that he’d enjoy and then the pain is back. I can’t even imagine what that must feel like when it’s your partner of so many years.

I wish you strength to deal with the next days.

Big hug
Bighug
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Jim - I also wish I could give you a hug. 

I know we will all one day face this one way or the other. I have been with my husband now for 34 years.

I don't know if this will help or not but when I was in the ICU with covid in 2020 and I didn't know if I would die or not - I told my husband who was scared that if I died remember that a part of me will always be alive inside of him as long as he is there and to remember that. I don't think the love dies. 

I learned this back in the 80s and 90s when most everyone I loved died from AIDS and to this day I do feel like a part of them is still alive inside of me as long as I am here. 

((((()))))

Oh Jim, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm sending you hugs, love and strength. 
Bighug
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

So sorry to hear your news Jim, I can’t even begin to imagine how this feels. Sending you a big hug across the internet x
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

It breaks my heart reading this Jim Sad

We're here for you if you need to talk or let out your emotions, let us know if there is anything we can do.

(11-18-2021, 05:34 PM)jimcrackcorn Wrote: He only has a few days left and is at home with me right now, resting peacefully.

This is such a sad time in my life...  I am heartbroken..

Sincerely,
Jim Clark
I am thankful to read he is home and resting peacefully. I wish for us all to be so fortunate when our own times come. He is a very fortunate man. And despite the sheer pain, hurt and sadness, I can tell you are grateful to have the chance to be with him in his passing. What a noble, kind and loving gesture. Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Jim, I'm so sorry to read this. Preparing to loose someone you've been with for so long is just heart-breaking.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending you much love x

(((())))
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I don't think we've ever spoken Jim, but I'd just like to join the others in sending my best as you go thru this difficult part of life. I know words don't help much right now, but my hope is that with time you will find some peace and closure.

I am so so sorry to hear this Jim. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Sending you all my love and strength, man. Bighug