Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lose Weight/Excercise
May be caffeine withdrawal perhaps. Also, reduced calorie/sugar intake will likely cause headaches too, at least it did for me. But well done on the 8lb loss Smile. Keep it up!

axle2152 Wrote:Not overly worried about fat...but the sugar in my book is enemy no. 1

ding ding ding

You are now understanding metabolism. Kudos man
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I think the only real slip ups I have had was I had a little piece of peanut butter fudge...it was small (but practically a chunk of sugar lol) and a banana... I don't think I have had anything else that was sweet...now there may have been some carbs that basically break down to sugar as soon as it hit the stomach... Otherwise I think I have done pretty good so far... Food is different than cigarettes...cigarettes you know you're not smoking them when you quit, with food you really don't know what's in it all the time... Now I did steal a friend's recipe and tweaked it... Basically you take either ground beef, turkey or chicken (seasoned with garlic, chili powder, cumin -- or whatever you like) and mix it with vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery...anything you want to throw in it...and add in cream of mushroom...I put the stuff in plastic bowls and freeze it and then I have meals for the week and on the cheap too...I think it ends up being about the same as a frozen meal but I think this is more nutritious and definitely more fiber. Fiber is king...but if you can, ease in, otherwise you'll be farting like mad.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:...Food is different than cigarettes...cigarettes you know you're not smoking them when you quit, with food you really don't know what's in it all the time...
But if you follow the general rule of not eating anything that comes out of a box, can or bottle, chances are pretty good you'll do alright.

Glad to see you back with us. Wavey

And congratulations on the weight loss.

Just remember, for long-term weight loss and success at maintaining a lower fat percentage, what you're doing is changing your dietary habits. If you "crash diet" you'll not be able to sustain that diet and, inevitably, you'll slip back to storing fat. Also, don't burn yourself out eating only one recipe or dinner dish... We crave variety. Tongue3

If you want to make up something to freeze ahead, chili is pretty good. I use a pound of the 93/7 ground beef and brown a couple of onions and [too much] garlic with it and then smother it with chili powder and cumin. After that cooks up for a while, add 2 cans of tomatoes mashed to bits and their juice and 3-7 cans of beans, depending on how far you want to stretch it and how much fiber you want. Cook the whole thing for about 45 minutes and you are ready to go. Really best the next day. Freezes well and full of good stuff. Not that much fat. I usually try to not salt it because the beans (and sometimes tomatoes) are salted, but a little salt helps the meat cook. Being a cheapskate/economical shopper, I watch for beans and tomatoes on sale and buy them up then. Use any kind of beans--black beans, kidney, pinto, blackeyed peas, garbanzos, great northern--whatever is cheap and mix 'em up. Damned good with cornbread.
I bid NO Trump!

Yeah I'll have to come up with some other stuff.... I might do a black bean soup... with a bit of a twist... since I'm try to stay with leaner meats might go with chicken or turkey instead of a hambone or whatever...

I usually use the frozen stuff for lunch...oatmeal for breakfast... except for today... My folks do a "Sunday" breakfast which is totally off the charts in calories...so Sunday has more or less become the "free" day.

Also have to fit a 30 minute jog in since I'm not really sick anymore and want to get the momentum going again...
[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] I like your chili idea. Might make some of that.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

You might look up Cuban Black Bean soup on google somewhere. It freezes well, too. Actually, you don't even need a ham bone since it is the one Cuban dish that is authentically meat-free. Great stuff!
I bid NO Trump!

You know I think I used a cuban recipe last time...I just can't remember what all goes in it...I think there was a lot of green bell peppers and onions... but that's all I remember off the top of my head.
Check out my stuff!

IDK if you find presentations like this informative and inspirational. I do so I'm sharing it.

Now there's several things going on here to keep in mind. First off these guys have not only personal trainers but personal nutritionists. I'm also fairly sure that in some instances they've used some "juice" (steroids) to "bump" things up. They aren't likely to confess that on film. But that said, its an object lesson on how our bodies can be "shaped" with the application of a) eating discipline and b) the right amount of and the right kind of exercise.

When I started getting into this I was over 250 lbs. I'd gotten down to 180 and currently at 190. Since I'm recuperating from surgery, what I can do right now is fairly limited. I've been walking a lot... no problem. I'm also doing a tiny bit of getting up and down off the floor. This is challenging. Old people don't realize it but THE ONE THING they could do to improve their over all health, well being and fitness IS TO GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND BACK UP AGAIN SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. Truly use it or loose it.

Mr Dr says I have to wait six weeks from the date of surgery to begin my resistance training again... so... we're looking at January 20th next year. A couple weeks prior to that, though, I'll begin doing a bit of aerobics and some body-weight work. Of course, too, it will take me a few weeks of steady working out to get back to where I was before the surgery. Mr surgeon explained that actually my body won't be 100% healed for about a year after the surgery. However, after six weeks I should be at about 85 to 90%, at which point the body sort of "plateaus" in the healing process.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to it.

don't expect the process to be fast and you will be good