Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority of Gay Couples Don't Like Anal Sex?
Isn't Dr Drew's speciality addiction? He's using the authority that comes with being a doctor to support stuff he may in fact know nothing about.

Being gay is about a f%ck of a lot more than taking it up the arse or in the mouth, both of which heterosexuals do as well. If asked by anyone other than a potential partner what I like to do in bed I lie outrageously and believe we all should.

Being categorised as part of a minority of which only a minority take it up the arse is not much of an identity and certainly not liberating. They know where they can shove their statistics.

Really?? I guess the good Doctor would know; is not necessarily my experience though.

I'm not sure quite where Drew got this information from? I have certainly heard of people not being as interested in anal sex, but I would not say it constitutes a majority Tongue

I've heard several times previously that many couples don't usually do anal. But it's a big jump to most couples don't do it at all.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Cardiganwearer Wrote:Isn't Dr Drew's speciality addiction? He's using the authority that comes with being a doctor to support stuff he may in fact know nothing about.

Being gay is about a f%ck of a lot more than taking it up the arse or in the mouth, both of which heterosexuals do as well. If asked by anyone other than a potential partner what I like to do in bed I lie outrageously and believe we all should.

Being categorised as part of a minority of which only a minority take it up the arse is not much of an identity and certainly not liberating. They know where they can shove their statistics.

Just a another attempt to marginalize us. When I was growing up (here in the south) anal sex was the "major" reason gay sex was "wrong", it was a big issue. On a subliminal level, there is still an adverse reaction to it from many groups of people even though most accept it now as an acceptable sexual experience for hetrosexuals.
You know how some people say they have "been around the block"? Well, lol I've been around town boys. Anal sex in the majority of gay relationships is alive and um bucking. Rolleyes

I can tell you with 100% certainty because I was there for the whole thing and I had the unique opportunity to talk to thousands and thousands of gay men one on one every day before the first case of AIDS came along...and shortly thereafter..it became a "badge of honor" to tell someone else you weren't into anal sex because everyone assumed anal sex=AIDS.

I remember one specific conversation I had with one specific man who was bewildered in 1987...he simply could not believe he had full blown AIDS because (his words...not mine)...he never had anal sex and only sucked people off and he didn't
"deserve" AIDS like all of the "buttfuckers" did. I was stunned by his words and then when they sunk in I realized this was a common fallacy...it is now 25 years later...imagine the damage this attitude has done. :frown:

East Wrote:I can tell you with 100% certainty because I was there for the whole thing and I had the unique opportunity to talk to thousands and thousands of gay men one on one every day before the first case of AIDS came along...and shortly thereafter..it became a "badge of honor" to tell someone else you weren't into anal sex because everyone assumed anal sex=AIDS.

I remember one specific conversation I had with one specific man who was bewildered in 1987...he simply could not believe he had full blown AIDS because (his words...not mine)...he never had anal sex and only sucked people off and he didn't
"deserve" AIDS like all of the "buttfuckers" did. I was stunned by his words and then when they sunk in I realized this was a common fallacy...it is now 25 years later...imagine the damage this attitude has done. :frown:

Bet you he didnt reveal he had cuts and ulcers in his mouth and of course this risk is just as deadly as receiving it up the back passage... Most gay men dont tend to read the small print in the gay magazines which state "Giving oral sex with ulcers or wounds inside the mouth leave you open to infections which include Hiv/Stis and many more"... Hence the reason Why if i got a cut or an ulcer ill rub salt in it to clean it let it heal over and if im gagging for a bit of nookie.... Ill take the safer optioon and just ave a wank its easier and risk free... Well unless i develop a rare contagious case of RSI (Repetitive strain injury)

Kindest regards

zeon

VonSteuben Wrote:I was listening to Loveline with Psycho Mike and Dr. Drew and they were discussing anal sex and gays. Dr. Drew said, "In majority of gay relationships partners only perform oral sex and don't partake in anal sex at all." My question is if this is true, why is that? Every guy I know is versatile and it's not a real problem either way, so is he right? If so why?

Are those his exact words, word for word? Or are you just remembering some of the conversation that you found "interesting"? ... Sometimes nuance can be grossly lacking where it was initially expressed, thus conferring a rather biased notion of what someone said... But maybe this doctor did say those things. Just asking. :confused:

zeon Wrote:Bet you he didnt reveal he had cuts and ulcers in his mouth and of course this risk is just as deadly as receiving it up the back passage... Most gay men dont tend to read the small print in the gay magazines which state "Giving oral sex with ulcers or wounds inside the mouth leave you open to infections which include Hiv/Stis and many more"... Hence the reason Why if i got a cut or an ulcer ill rub salt in it to clean it let it heal over and if im gagging for a bit of nookie.... Ill take the safer optioon and just ave a wank its easier and risk free... Well unless i develop a rare contagious case of RSI (Repetitive strain injury)

Kindest regards

zeon

Well, believe it or not, back 20 some odd years ago, respectable magazines refused to mention AIDS in any way at all. If it was mentioned it was in hushed tones and usually with an addendum approximating something along the lines of "Gods punishment for perverts".
I am exceptionally lucky in many ways. I had SO MANY friends contract the virus in those early days that I was SCARED SHITLESS to actually have sex. When I did have sex with men it was ALWAYS with a condom and I feel really blessed to have survived that dark, ignorant time period. I honestly envy you guys of the younger generation. I cant imagine what it must be like to grow up with ACTUAL information concerning sexual safty. We relyed on what we could glean from encyclopedias and medical books relating to hetrosexual sex when I was in my teens and word of mouth and (often illegal) pamphlets passed round by hand when I was the cherry age of 26.
It really was a different world.
I often think of some of my friends who faded away during those days (some quickly, some painfully lingering), and what they would think of the world today. An entire generation who not only died by way of an unknown illness that had been hiding in their bodies (sometimes for years) but surrounded by bigots and media that mocked their pain.
From the vantage of time and the insulation of youth I suppose that it is quite easy to see them as having been simply carless people, but, of course, that world, that time actually, must seem rather alien to those who were only toddlers at the time. History is always presented much more cleanly than it actually was for those living through an era, only being there imparts a true understanding of events.
I was there, and I still dont judge those poor souls who gave their lives and contributed the now massive storehouse of medical information that keeps us all safe today.

Beaux Wrote:Well, believe it or not, back 20 some odd years ago, respectable magazines refused to mention AIDS in any way at all. If it was mentioned it was in hushed tones and usually with an addendum approximating something along the lines of "Gods punishment for perverts".
I am exceptionally lucky in many ways. I had SO MANY friends contract the virus in those early days that I was SCARED SHITLESS to actually have sex. When I did have sex with men it was ALWAYS with a condom and I feel really blessed to have survived that dark, ignorant time period. I honestly envy you guys of the younger generation. I cant imagine what it must be like to grow up with ACTUAL information concerning sexual safty. We relyed on what we could glean from encyclopedias and medical books relating to hetrosexual sex when I was in my teens and word of mouth and (often illegal) pamphlets passed round by hand when I was the cherry age of 26.
It really was a different world.
I often think of some of my friends who faded away during those days (some quickly, some painfully lingering), and what they would think of the world today. An entire generation who not only died by way of an unknown illness that had been hiding in their bodies (sometimes for years) but surrounded by bigots and media that mocked their pain.
From the vantage of time and the insulation of youth I suppose that it is quite easy to see them as having been simply carless people, but, of course, that world, that time actually, must seem rather alien to those who were only toddlers at the time. History is always presented much more cleanly than it actually was for those living through and era, only being there imparts a true understanding of events.
I was there, and I still dont judge those poor souls who gave their lives and contributed the now massive storehouse of medical information that keeps us all safe today.

Hi there,
When i first went out on the scene at the tender age of 18 (back when i realised what status my hometown is and has) i decided to do some reasearch on the topic of HIV and aids and alot of people were saying getting HIV??? That is harder to get than being hit by a bus yet sadly alot of them have now contracted the virus and the stupid thing is they blame everyone else for their own ignorance!!!! I remember some people used to beleieve you could get it from sharing the same toilet seat as someone with hiv... In my hometown statistics were something like 10% of the gay scene at the time living with HIV... I watched a dear friend also die of the virus but in his last few years he chose to die at the young age of 38... He took himself off medication and said his goodbyes and the only time you would see him is either totally drunk or suffering from smoking related illness'... If your what we called a Bug Baiter where you go out PURPOSELY to catch the virus (back in the year of 2003 you could get DLA ((DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE)) If you were HIV i had no respect for people who did this... Yet those like my friend who caught it from his Boyfriend who pierced a condom to deliberately infect his partner just because he was scared he was going to leave him i have sympathy for... Nowadays society has scrapped the DLA and if you get it its classed as a self inflicted injury and you get no benefits... On the other hand I know of people who have had it and regulary keep ontop of their health and one person who i know who was diagnosed HIV has now recently been told the virus count is 0 and CD4 count is 750 which is exactly the same as someone who is Hiv Negative so even though they go for check ups regularly they are offically classed now as HiV negative... I learnt alot through my friend dying as I went with him once to a clinic after a trip to asda and he revealed to me his virual load was higher than he expect which was virial load of 5 million and CD4 count of 200.... Soon after that well a couple of years his virial load got to almost 15 million and his CD4 count became so low he died as a result....:frown:

Since that moment onwards i always maintained an attitude No condom no screw its never worth the risk... Someone saying they are negative is only hear say no actual evidence and in life we all have too much to loose

Kindest regards

zeon xx