Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man shoots himself over the legalising of gay marriage.
Quote:A right-wing historian shot himself dead in front of hundreds of tourists at the altar of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris today, apparently in protest at France's legalisation of gay marriage.

Dominique Venner, who had recently been campaigning against gay marriage in France, is said to have calmly walked past the crowds milling around the 850-year-old Cathedral, one of the most popular tourist sites in the world, before taking out a Herstal automatic pistol.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2TwniwTvm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...riage.html

The worlds a better place for it. One less brainwashed backward religious hateful bigot to deal with.

Shame on us.

Not to seem like I'm trivializing suicide,

but who the hell cares.

Am I wrong?

Richard

This may be the mood i'm in talking but.....

Good

Fucking bigot.

Mick

Hmm.

It reminds me of those people who douse themselves with gasoline and then light a match to make their government pay for whatever bad behavior their government is doing.

Sure it brings attention, but does the government actually get hurt?

From that same link:

Last week another male pensioner pensioner walked into the foyer of a nursery in Paris and blasted himself to death with a sawn-off shotgun in front of children.

Now that one disturbs me in ways I can't even begin to put to words. Not because the guy blew his brains out, but because he purposefully did it at a nursery full of young children.

Both of these cases are clearly the work of unwell minds.

Now I know what its like to be so hurt by life as to want to kill oneself. Pain and misery is one thing, but apparently this guy was so pissed off about life that he felt death was an answer. That amount of anger that leads to self murder is beyond my comprehension.

May God have mercy upon his soul.

That's crazy...well he was an extreme right wing and apparently didn't have a very pure past.

That's France. They make all a scene for this law which will not change their life. I have the impression to be at theatre, I couldn't imagine it would get that important, but it's sadly the logic continuity of all that happened.

Also, this weekend, some gay-mariage opponents in France spread fake information this week end, they imitated tf1(french tv channel) website and le monde paper's website and put fake articles about death of opposition demonstraters "Manif pour tous" (demonstration for all).

Source for those who understand few french (too lazy to look for a link in english but if you find it, thank you to post it Smile ) :
http://lelab.europe1.fr/t/des-opposants-...-mort-9215

I exchange my passport and ID card with whoever wants. :/

Ekwarph Wrote:That's crazy...well he was an extreme right wing and apparently didn't have a very pure past.

That's France. They make all a scene for this law which will not change their life. I have the impression to be at theatre, I couldn't imagine it would get that important, but it's sadly the logic continuity of what happened.

Also, this weekend, some gay-mariage opponents in France spread fake information this week end, they imitated tf1 website and le monde paper's website and put fake articles about death of opposition demonstraters "Manif pour tous" (demonstration for all).

Source for those who understand few french (too lazy to look for a link in english but if you find it, thank you to post it Smile ) :
http://lelab.europe1.fr/t/des-opposants-...-mort-9215

I exchange my passport and ID card with whoever wants. :/

I'm starting to think that that deserted island all those homophobes want to ship us to might not be such a bad idea.

Wade Wrote:I'm starting to think that that deserted island all those homophobes want to ship us to might not be such a bad idea.

As long as it's A: In the tropics and B: has internet.

Why don't we all rise up and ship THEM off.

Mick

Poor guy, clearly had some mental health problems. On one hand, I'm glad there's one less person like him, but on the other, it's sad because his life didn't have to end like this. Hopefully with the path France has chosen, the bigotry that helped to fuel this man's death with diminish over time.