Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting the Parents...
1st Ex Boyfriend: Got to meet both his parents. His dad liked me, his mom hated me. She was going through the "I'm not going to get to be a Grandma thing". I think she caused him and I to never date again, they controlled him through money. But it was his choice.

2nd Guy: Got to meet his mom, no dad around. Loved his mom. I thinks she probably knew I liked him, u could see it in my eyes lol. It wasn't officially said lol. We would hang out and talk about everything while he was out getting drunk lol.

3rd Ex Boyfriend: Never got to meet his Mom, or Step Dad. His brother seemed really nice, but I'll never talk to big bro again lol. Really had a strong feeling that she didn't want to have anything to do with me. If she knew him well like a mom does then she probably knew he's bi and we were dating lol.

So is it a Safe Observation to make that most (not all) parent's don't want to meet their Son's Boyfriend?
Plus that sucks because I'd think that it would be really great and full-filling in a way to be able to meet his family lol. But only if he's open and wants to lol. Plus do all the family stuff. Oh and as far as I go I wouldn't bring up the topic about meeting them, Have always let them bring it up lol. But definatly ask about them lol.

My parents have never met any of my boyfriends. But that's because well we live in opposite parts of the country lol. Plus I don't think that they really want to meet my bf's. Well I know my mom doesn't, think my dad would be fine with it so long as there was no hokie pokie in front of him lol.

I don't know about that, but PA's mum especially (as well as the rest of his family) make me feel very welcome.

Aww you're lucky :-) Invasion

My family said that if I ever have a boyfriend I need to bring him home to meet them :tongue:

I would hope that whoever I was with would allow me the courtesy of meeting his.

My bf´s ever was family for my parents.... my mother ever named them her son in law... my father.... he was 70 as he met my first bf... "you can call me firstname"

my first bf´s mother was a dragon.... I ever needed a heat-shield if I met her... and it was very clear why my that time father in law run away

my 2. bf´s parents was a special offer.... very cheap....

my 3 bf´s parents was the best ... a long time death if I met him ;-)

and now ... my father in law.. is a nice man .. i like him a lot ,,,, but my mother in law.... good that i have not thrown away my heat-shield :biggrin:
I start to growl if I see her.....

Wow maybe doing the family thing & get togethers isn't just a dream lol :-)

Um, My parents and I have gotten closer over time, and distance definitely helps lol. It seems ironic that my past bf's have been very close to their families lol

xxxj1985xxx Wrote:So is it a Safe Observation to make that most (not all) parent's don't want to meet their Son's Boyfriend?

I am not sure about fathers, however I do think that most mothers want to meet their son's (serious) boyfriend. That is not to say they will like or approve of him, just they don't want to be in the dark about him.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I am not sure about fathers, however I do think that most mothers want to meet their son's (serious) boyfriend. That is not to say they will like or approve of him, just they don't want to be in the dark about him.

Really? Wow usually I have opposite luck where I get along well with the father but not the mother because she's going through Mentaplause and wants a grandbaby, and I can't give her one lol Laugh2

i didnt come out untill i got my first bf at age 17, i was taking him home and saying he was a mate/friend of mine and nobody ever looked twice lol.
so my family met him and got to know him before they actually knew we were in a relationship.
3 month later when i was sure we were serious i came out to my family and told them he was in fact my bf. they all took it very well. (im proud of you etc etc usual b****cks lol)
everyone of them supported me and were very nice to my fella because they already knew him.

There have never been any arguments or dislike between my family and my bf.
they always ask about him if he doesnt visit them with me and they like to see him as part of our family now.

so heres proof lol...
not all parents dont want to meet their sons boyfriend. some are happy to call them family like mine.

Im sure if any parents dont like to meet their sons fella there is underlying problems about your sexuality or possible homophobia issues that need addressing. Lots of talking involved and a few boxes of tissues lol. but thats a different thread all together.

hope you find my post as proof that parents CAN get on with your partner if you do it right Smile

xxxj1985xxx Wrote:Really? Wow usually I have opposite luck where I get along well with the father but not the mother because she's going through Mentaplause and wants a grandbaby, and I can't give her one lol Laugh2

Well then the only advice I can give is don't date guys who are only children, that way his mother will not be relying on him to produce grandchildren. Interestingly, both me and my bf are only children so both our mothers are being 'denied' grandchildren. Thankfully it hasn't generated any friction and we all get on well and are looking forwards to us formally tying the knot later this year.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.