Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents pressure gay son to change
Unfortunately there are still some people who believe its possible

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I think the key thing to note here is what this kid's mother is most concerned about...

Quote:We are part of a church group and I fear that if people in that group find out they will make fun of me for having a gay child.

Also what kind of parent forgets their son's birthday for 3 years? I mean that would include his 16th birthday too... I mean I'm not big about birthdays anymore but back then it was a big deal. People are just idiots and horribly selfish. I know that is generalizing because I feel there is more at play because idiots come in every color, every political party and background. Just unfortunate, just sad that while progress is being made some people are stuck in the Flintstones when it comes to social progress.

edit: I would also be very weary about a religious group that would make fun of someone because their child is gay, or for any reason for that matter. Perhaps that "mother" should consider finding a group that actually adheres to Christian values...I mean wouldn't you agree that making fun of someone because their kid is gay isn't a very "Christian" thing to do?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Well I don't know about you guys, but the only reason why I'm gay is because my mom kept forgetting my birthday and I wanted to get back at her Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  •

(10-05-2020, 06:30 PM)Chase Wrote: Well I don't know about you guys, but the only reason why I'm gay is because my mom kept forgetting my birthday and I wanted to get back at her Rolleyes

I'm gay because I didn't get those cha-cha heels for christmas...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4845462]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bookworm

I'm gay because of that Cyndi Lauper song, "Gays Just Wanna Have Fun".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm gay because it is a day ending in 'y'.

Gawd, it is scary people like that poor guy's mother exist. Good on Amy for shooting her down in flames. Sadly, I think it probably won't have helped. I think the best thing would be for the son to run far far away from that sad excuse of a woman.

I think the funniest thing is the suggestion that the mother should turn lesbian for a year just so she can see how easy it is!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

(10-05-2020, 10:13 PM)LONDONER Wrote: I think the funniest thing is the suggestion that the mother should turn lesbian for a year just so she can see how easy it is!
As a parent and grandparent I think one should always try to lead by example ... Cool
[-] The following 3 members Like marshlander's post:
  • Bookworm, InbetweenDreams, LONDONER