Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving on
Letting go of a relationship isn't like walking out of a room, locking the door and throwing away the key. Emotions and memories get in the way (Dam them LoL!)

Reading and tearing up that letter. BIG step forward on the emotional front, so well done on that.

But you know what, you have good memories as well and there is really no need to throw those away, sure you can put them in a box out of sight, but why throw them away (Ok Harry Potter wand? - Maybe you SHOULD throw that away ;-))

The point is, our memories, good or bad, help define who we are.

Take each day as its comes and you will be absolutely fine. Oh and the whole rebound one night stand thing. Mahaaa, its overrated, unless your a testosterone fuelled teenager LoL.

Make friends, chill out, go shop, watch a movie, whatever.

Love can come from the most unexpected places and situations.

I see gay people Bee

OBW
x

I'll admit, it wasn't easy dealing with that letter I found, but I'm proud of the way I handle it. Even though it was a short 3 months, he and I made a lot of great memories. I think he will always have a place in my heart. Smile

That's the way to look at it, Archubbycub... with fondness. After all he broke the chains of your captivity. [Image: broken_chains_01-264x400.jpg]

That he did PA! And for that I will be forever grateful to him. He taught me how to be me and to like the person I am.

Heres 'move on' with bernadette peters to sooth your pain:

It sounds like you gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps and watching some stella gets her groove back. Love your sensitivity and your style, even if noone else gets it. Spend time alone until you can say you're happy with yourself, and then you'll meet someone whos int o that

After I broke up with someone, I also tried to cut things off, like the communication and all, but then you cant really tell if he will still try to communicate. If you think both of you still got a chance, then go for it, but if the damage is too deep & quite impossible to make things work again, then dont.

Regarding finding "someone" new, I think it really comes when you least expect it. Maybe, some are lucky in finding their partners in dating sites, parties, etc. But that's not the case for all. And I think give your time to move on first, in a way that when you try to recall your past relationship, all you wanna do is to laugh about it and no hard feelings anymore.