Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving on
Thing is it's stuff I really like. Well duh! If it wasn't I wouldn't have such a hard time getting rid of it.

I had someone tell me today that I should go out and find someone new. That the best way to get over a break up is to go out and start dating again. Don't know how much I agree with that but I wanted to get some feed back from you all.

Yeah, if you want to do the rebound thing, which rarely works out long term. Yes it can work, but that's rare too often, you goo looking for your ex, and you already know that doesn't work out. Then there is that whole wonderfully clingy thing we get going on when we try the rebound thing - any port in a storm and, we overlook a lot that we shouldn't have over looked.

Sure we need to connect with someone, but that clingy thing is best kept aimed at friends that understand and won't let it go beyond friendship until you have time to heal.

Yeah I definitely don't want to do the rebound thing. I think that's what killed my relationship with my first boyfriend. I wasn't even out of my already failed marriage yet and even though I wasn't particularly looking for someone, I think I got way to clingy with him. Not saying he wasn't at fault in the break up, just saying my clinginess didn't help.

So the past couple of days I've noticed that I don't "dread" coming home to a nearly empty house. Could this be a sign that I'm settling into this single life thing?

Hey, you might learn to like your home all to yourself and being able to just do it your way at home yet. Smile

I don't know Blue. Like I told Bowyn, I don't do alone very well it's fine for a little while, but after so long I start getting cabin fever. And for me that's not good at all. Smile

Go out, even invite friends over, just don't rush the relationship thing again. Smile

No I'm definitely not rushing things. I'm not even calling this coming up Saturday a date. Just meeting someone new.

A relationship does not really end unless it ends badly...I prefer the bad "I hate you" break up because it is less confusing to deal with than the good one that leaves you wondering.
The sooner you break communication the faster you will heal
after about 2 years you will be able to contact them again but then the feelings will be gone and that my friend is a wonderful feeling Elefant