Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boyfriend would never initiate sex.
I'm going to be the odd man here and say that age most likely is the underlying issue.

Not only does he hail from a different era (sure we had sex, on the Q.T. more often than not, definitely didn't flaunt it) - but also the body starts doing odd things - like getting old. Many guys around age 40 suddenly find their interest in sex is dropping. This is largely due to the natural reduction of testosterone that takes place around age 30 - it takes about a decade of slow, steady decline until we realize that we ain't always thinking about sex all the time.

As for who initiates - that may be a power/control thing. I suspect from what you wrote in your post that you are the bottom and he is the top - never know, he may have old fashioned ideas about who initiates sex in a relationship based on role. Much like it has been the general rule that in straight relationships its up to the man to initiate, and the wife to submit. He is old enough to still be a product of this earlier 'traditional' way of thinking.

The fact that he broke up with you over the issue brings to mind many other potential issues here. Such as he has an ED issue and is in denial - or that he may have been abused way long ago and having his partner initiate may take him back to that place where he had no power/control.

So there is a good cause to wonder if this sex thing isn't a medical type problem not a personality issue.

The only solution - healthy solution - is communication. However it may be difficult to impossible for him to communicate depending on the situation. Men who get ED tend to become 'weird' - males place way to much importance on their penis.

People who have been molested or sexually abused often can't talk about it, even thinking about it brings up way to much shit to where they work very hard to never think about it ever again.

IF where he is at is one of these places, he most likely will not ever tell you. And, sadly, at his age he most likely will never actually seek professional help until the condition(s) are far worse. And with the way he has been treating you and so willing to shove you out the door over sex, I fear that 'far worse' means well after you and he have gone your separate ways.

I'm my experience I would do the same to him, so he feels what you feel and then you can talk about it. make him understand you are not a toy that can be used at convenience, unless that's your game which from your post it's not the case. Or simply there is something else

After I posted this post in this forum it happened once, it was great felt a little relieved (wanted to go second) ... But 3 days after that my sexual needs caught up with me again... I mastrubated once (I came but it didn't do anything... My sexual satisfaction was the same) he has issue with twice a week because he says for someone whom don't do it often, and is compromising with once a week is more than enough. I'm afraid of talking about it with him do to he told me once he would leave me so there will be no more arguing about sex. Im afraid that this will kill my feelings and would later break up with him before I have an affair.