Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lovely turtle <3
MORE PICS Smile

I just took these like 10mins ago, cause I felt like it :p .

You can see all her old sick scutes(shell plates) that are falling off. That's why she looks so ashy (plus she's dry, so Rolleyes )

Hi Mommy Wavey
[Image: IMG_0814.jpg]

Watch me run Moms :p
[Image: IMG_0815.jpg]

Weeeeee Smile
[Image: IMG_0816.jpg]

Oh mommy, what's that? :o
[Image: IMG_0817.jpg]

Is that a cloth...outside? Mommy, that's not right!
[Image: IMG_0818.jpg]

Now it is Smile . It's so fluffy :redface:
[Image: IMG_0819.jpg]

Oh mommy, that tickles Kiss3
[Image: IMG_0828.jpg]

Oh mommy, your lap is so warm Spiny
[Image: IMG_0820.jpg]

Oops, a fly was on my nose. I'll get him mommy Smile
[Image: IMG_0821.jpg]

Aren't I soooo fabulous mommy?
[Image: IMG_0822.jpg]

Mommy, are those your lady parts? Rofl
[Image: IMG_0824.jpg]

Sorry, I won't look again mommy :3
[Image: IMG_0825.jpg]

Look at my neck mommy, it's so pretty right?
[Image: IMG_0826.jpg]

Oh no mommy! Catch me, I'm slipping :o
[Image: IMG_0827.jpg]

And then I put her back on the ground :p . She's currently running around in the backyard. She likes to get dirty before I put her back in her tank, so I let her Rolleyes . That's why I went and got two new filter pads on Monday lol(it needed to be changed anywayz :p )

Hope these made you laugh :3 , she loves when people are happy, just like her Mommy Confusedmile: .

LOL Mommy,... I mean Odi Confusedmile:

Is her skin as warm as yours or colder than yours? I was surprised how warm the skin of elephant is. But I've never touched a turtle. Does she like dry soil and water equally? Does she prefer one environment?
It could be fun to have a turtle in my pond, but I am not sure about stray cats...

Nick9 Wrote:LOL Mommy,... I mean Odi Confusedmile:

Is her skin as warm as yours or colder than yours? I was surprised how warm the skin of elephant is. But I've never touched a turtle. Does she like dry soil and water equally? Does she prefer one environment?
It could be fun to have a turtle in my pond, but I am not sure about stray cats...

Don't make me blush :redface: ... lol

She's naturally cold blooded, since she's a reptile, but the sun warms her up and she holds in the heat for hours.

She's amphibious, so it doesn't matter where she is, as long as she can access the water atleast once every 24hrs. Because they can't poo unless they're in the water and they can't eat outside the water either. They can spend 23hrs a day out of water, but they have to poo and it's generally not good to keep them out of the water for no reason, they're more aquatic than land.

These turtles get big, so once they hit around Sora's size (8inches), they're pretty much okay to defend themselves. They have nails for a reason, and not just for mating and climbing :p . Also, their bite is strong enough to draw blood once they hit that size as well and they tend no to let go. I've never been bitten, but sometimes I dangle lettuce over her head, and she clamps down hard, like a dog on a rope :p.

The girls can get to be about 15inches at max sometimes. the boys around 11-12inches. They keep growing, but they slow down almost all the way by this time.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a documentary once (Bear Grylls Smile) A turtle bit the stick he was holding and he was able to lift her from the water. He said we really wouldn't want to get our fingers in the muddy water and look where she might be hidden :biggrin:

How clever do you thing they are? Smile I have chinchillas and guinea pigs. The difference is really obvious :biggrin: Striking I would say :biggrin:

Nick9 Wrote:Oh yeah, I remember seeing a documentary once (Bear Grylls Smile) A turtle bit the stick he was holding and he was able to lift her from the water. He said we really wouldn't want to get our fingers in the muddy water and look where she might be hidden :biggrin:

How clever do you thing they are? Smile I have chinchillas and guinea pigs. The difference is really obvious :biggrin: Striking I would say :biggrin:

Yep :p . Especially Snapping Turtles, your finger would be gone completely before you even realised it Smile .

Turtles are unnaturally intelligent and clever in my opinion. They are known as a symbol for wisedom and patience in alot of countries.

>Sora can climb almost completely vertical surfaces, if her nails can grip on to them.
>She can beg for food if she's hungry, usually by splashing the water surface.
>She can recognize people she sees often(which is usually me) and the one who feeds her(me again :p).
>She can escape by pushing the back lid of her tank off and she's learned this, so I had to weigh it down.
>She learns from her mistakes. She walked into an ant nest and I had to clean her off. The next day she blatantly avoided the area.
>When she's done playing in the sun, she walks up to my door and tries to get in.
>She can push a door open if it's partially open.
>She'll follow you when you're not looking and will climb you(she usually does this to me only)
>She remembers shapes and sizes. She knows she can't fit through certain gaps and will either angle herself or find another way.
>She can move objects blocking her, out of her way

And so much more. Not all turtles have the same qualities Sora does, but that's because Sora type of turtle is very sociable and warms up to humans easily. They're only shy if you sneak up on them or are un-used to you or their environment.

wow, they seem to be more fun than I thought Smile Smile
I was at our pet shop today to have a look at geckos. They were really nice, but those crickets and roaches gave me the creeps. I once live in an appartment with roaches (those little ones - maybe you call them croton bugs?) and it was horrible. I tried to avoid going to kitchen during the night, because when you turned the light on... They were in all house and so hard to get rid off Sad

I guess I can't have geckos at home because of their diet Sad

Nick9 Wrote:wow, they seem to be more fun than I thought Smile Smile
I was at our pet shop today to have a look at geckos. They were really nice, but those crickets and roaches gave me the creeps. I once live in an appartment with roaches (those little ones - maybe you call them croton bugs?) and it was horrible. I tried to avoid going to kitchen during the night, because when you turned the light on... They were in all house and so hard to get rid off Sad

I guess I can't have geckos at home because of their diet Sad

They are fun, and cute :p .

Oh no Kiss3 , I hate roachs, but I trap all the baby ones and feed them to Lily (Tree frog) and now our problem isn't so bad anymore. That's why my mom lets me keep her :p (though, she doesn't really mind anyway Smile ), cause she has a voracious appetite for such a small animal.

Gecko's would probably help you get rid of them, but you'd have to trap them, maybe with a piece of bread(moldy is their favourite)?

I wish I could get a gecko :p.

QueenOdi Wrote:That's why my mom lets me keep her :p (though, she doesn't really mind anyway Smile ), cause she has a voracious appetite for such a small animal.
Who, your mom :biggrin: Wink
QueenOdi Wrote:Gecko's would probably help you get rid of them, but you'd have to trap them, maybe with a piece of bread(moldy is their favourite)?

I wish I could get a gecko :p.

I hope I will never have the pleasure to meet roaches. That experience was from long time ago, when I lived in China.

I will look up what turtles' diet is Smile Maybe if she lives in the pond she can find her own food. BUT... if she can be so big, will my plants survive? *not sure* AND I've heard they live for very very long...

Nick9 Wrote:Who, your mom :biggrin: Wink

I hope I will never have the pleasure to meet roaches. That experience was from long time ago, when I lived in China.

I will look up what turtles' diet is Smile Maybe if she lives in the pond she can find her own food. BUT... if she can be so big, will my plants survive? *not sure* AND I've heard they live for very very long...

Lol, yeah, her too :p .

Roaches aren't too bad, as long as they don't fly :tongue: . Otherwise I'll be running around like a mad man with my arms flailing everywhere.

Turtles aren't very picky, but healthy food should always be given :p . Depends on your plants, but generally they wont, as they would either eat them, or dig in them. You probably want to get a plant like lily pads or other plants that grow fast Smile . Yeah they're pretty long lived. I think the average life span in captivity is like 25-30yrs. Although one was recorded to be about 60yrs old :o .

QueenOdi Wrote:but generally they wont, as they would either eat them, or dig in them. You probably want to get a plant like lily pads or other plants that grow fast Smile .

You don't make it easy for me LOL But it's okay, better to be aware of those things in advance :biggrin: