Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice On Starting Long Distance Relationship
good luck arby!!

LateBloomer Wrote:That sucks and it doesn't bode well.

I live by the Rule of Three (e.g., three strikes and you're OUT).

Yeah, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he may actually be very busy. He's assured me he's not nervous or anything, just not home/busy with family or something else. My plan is to make him pick a specific time so that I know that it works for him.

arby Wrote:Yeah, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he may actually be very busy. He's assured me he's not nervous or anything, just not home/busy with family or something else. My plan is to make him pick a specific time so that I know that it works for him.

Ok.

I'm just saying, I know what it's like to leave the light on.

Good luck.

LateBloomer Wrote:Ok.

I'm just saying, I know what it's like to leave the light on.

Good luck.

I do not understand this idiom. :confused: :tongue:

arby Wrote:I do not understand this idiom. :confused: :tongue:

When somebody tells you, "I'll be home late" (in other words, "I'm busy, don't wait up for me.") a common response is, "I'll leave the light on for you" (the porch light, the kitchen light, a light in the living room, etc...).

This gesture, leaving the light on, shows you're still thinking of the other person; missing him and want him to come home to a house that is warm and lit up, rather than cold and dark.

I've "left the light on" many nights only to find myself still alone the next morning.

Savvy?
Cool

Well, I tried to get him to Skype with me, and at first he said he'd like to, but that time didn't work out, when I got home suddenly he "wasn't home". The next day he said sure, but again he was busy with homework......yet he had time to text me while he was working on it. And today we texted for a bit and then I asked him if he wanted to Skype.....no response. Even though he had just texted me not but 60 seconds ago. And that was about 8 hours ago. Still no response. So it looks like I'm back to searching. Thanks for the help everybody, but it looks like I won't be putting it to much use, at least not at the moment.

Sorry Arby.

Go find someone who appreciates it when you leave the light on. That's what I'm trying to do.

I'll be sure to do that, now that I know what that means :tongue:

I live in a LDR and I love it ... I can call my man... he calls me every evening.... and every second weekend he is here.... and..thats enough.
He asked me before 6 years if we would live together... no ..thanks....

I can eat what I want... I can do what I want to do.... I can watch in TV what I want to watch.. And I go to sleep when I want to go sleep.

But ... thats me ... I hate cuddling, I hate to sleep in the same bed, I hate snoring ( ok.. if my dogs snore ..thats OK and calm me down )... so why I should change ... just for S_X.. no ... thanks .. thats it not worth....

maybe thats why they call me a Wolf.... Confusedmile: I need my place, my space and I love it to be for myself.

So how did the phone call go? i hope it went well, i would agree that you need to establish a good verbal communication before making plans to visit.