Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous, Help!!!
So Recently My Sister Had A Baby, This Is Her Third Child Now, I'm Super Excited To Go See The Baby, But There Was Two Girls That Are There That Make My Blood Boil BAD!, One Is My Niece She Stayed With Us For About 4 Months, Spread Rumours All Around Town And Lied To All Of Our Faces, I Don't Considered Her A Niece, The Next Girl Is My Sister, She's The One With The Baby, Shes One Of Those Prima Donna Girls. And I Swear She Was Swaped At Birth!, So You Know When I Was Like 13 - 15, I Was Abit Of A Hand Full I Was Very Dramatic, More So Annoying, And What Really Bugs Me Is That People Are Considering Me As 'The Kid', You Know Come On I'm 17 I'm Mature, I'm Only Going Up There To See My Nephew, Point Of The Matter Is I Have No Choice But To Go Up There My Dad Can't Take Care Of Me, And Mum Wants To Go See The Baby, No Pulling Out Now, I'll Dispoint My Brother... My Sister Lives Right Next Door To My Brother. And I've Told Mum My Plan, I'm Only Going Up There For The Kids, Not For Drama, For The Kids, And Yet I Still Feel Judged By The Family, Really Boils My Blood!, What Should I Do?

grin and bear it,like you say,you are not a kid any more, so go see the baby and don't forget the present!

Some people just like to judge. It is a destructive personality trait, imo, but if you are able then just push through.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I agree with Simon, go see your new nephew. Use him as an excuse to ignore everyone else if it helps.

P.S. Try cutting down on the capital letters.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Why would you pass up an opportunity to see a new baby?!

Families are like that. I grew up in a family and community from which I moved away for a few years. When I returned it was as though I'd never been away. I felt treated as though I was still a teenager, even though my circumstances were entirely different.

Don't even think of the family drama. Just be happy to see your nephew and don't worry about anyone else. I get to deal with family drama when I see my parents from time to time and I simply let myself go with the flow and not get caught in the feuds that may be happening.

Find a family member you can talk to and be with most of the time. If you get to meet new friends, maybe you can stay out and not see the ones that irk you most of the time.

Make a point of going to McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts or somewhere you like to go, ALONE, after the family thing and think about this when you are with the family. You will be away from them soon, right? That's the big thing that kind of keeps me going all the time Im with my folks. Id honestly freak out if I didnt have that little hope/certainty.

So, Jay, what is it exactly that you are nervous about? Is it about being with family members that you can't stand? Or is it about having to see your brother, or your sister? or what? You are going for the baby, that much is clear and ought to be your priority. Don't let the other members of your family give you any annoyance, and if they do, let them know that they are treating you badly. Are you afraid of being a little too sensitive to certain issues and certain allegedly grown-up remarks? Which ones do you anticipate will be made?

princealbertofb Wrote:So, Jay, what is it exactly that you are nervous about? Is it about being with family members that you can't stand? Or is it about having to see your brother, or your sister? or what? You are going for the baby, that much is clear and ought to be your priority. Don't let the other members of your family give you any annoyance, and if they do, let them know that they are treating you badly. Are you afraid of being a little too sensitive to certain issues and certain allegedly grown-up remarks? Which ones do you anticipate will be made?

Well, my sister is one of those people that'll nitpick at everything last time i went up there she was making fun of my vocie she just makes me feel very uncomoftable with myself, she's just someone that pushes you to the extent of wanting to hurt someone, and my brothers daughter has done so much harm to my family, and i know both of those girls would start something and it'd make me wanna flip out, but i've already talked to mum about it, so were gonna work something out hopefully.