Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama is OUT OF HIS MIND
War with Syria will kill millions of Americans.

That's a cute way of looking at things. Fuck civilians, right?

There will be no ground war in Syria, because the U.S. has nothing to gain from one. Obama knows that.

The posturing going on right now is only for a "symbolic" strike to show that the U.S. doesn't approve of chemical weapons.

I still admire Obama but he seems to be losing touch with reality. You can't just bomb your way out of the Syrian problem.

The trouble is that Obama has to do something. He already put the red line out there and now he has to deliver....

davearoo Wrote:There will be no ground war in Syria, because the U.S. has nothing to gain from one. Obama knows that.

The posturing going on right now is only for a "symbolic" strike to show that the U.S. doesn't approve of chemical weapons.

A strike against who, exactly? Innocent civilians?

This intervention seems totally pointless, it makes no sense to me but I hope I'm wrong.

When it comes to politics, don't say what shouldn't be done. That only points fingers and spreads frustration. Instead, say what a good solution would be. Stay positive in politics, or else it turns into another poop-flinging contest.

Arkansota Wrote:War with Syria will kill millions of Americans.

No, it will not.

We will be conducting surgical airstrikes with our allies to show Syria (And governments in the region, such as Iran) that we are quite serious and will not allow such actions as using chemical weapons.

Our target-list is aimed at simply limiting/destroying that capability so it will not happen again, which it eventually would if not addressed.

Cameron and obama in absolute agreement the assad regime responsible for chemical attacks. Archbishop of canterbury warns leaders not to rush decisions, warns of effects it could have on muslim world.

MisterLove Wrote:A strike against who, exactly? Innocent civilians?

This intervention seems totally pointless, it makes no sense to me but I hope I'm wrong.

The only real point is that it sends a message, as Matty71 pointed out.

Besides, if we did nothing, the innocent civilians would be just as likely to die at the hands of one local faction or the other. (shrug)