Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online flirting?
I have to agree with OBW , get rid of him asap.

archubbycub Wrote:Again my question remains. Should I say something to my boyfriend about this or not? I want to be open and honest with him but at the same time I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Why would you want to mention this?

Again, your job is to PROTECT the relationship, not put it in jeopardy.

Why do you want to share some piece of info that may (or may not, who knows? But why risk it?) upset your partner?

That doesn't mean you should lie, cheat, steal and cover it up. But why bother sharing this stuff unless it comes up? And if it comes up, THEN is the time to be honest and diplomatic as the others have suggested about being open and honest.

Seriously, I would ask myself HOW DO I WISH TO BE TREATED IN A SERIOUS MONOGAMOUS RELATIONSHIP.

Start there.

LateBloomer Wrote:Why would you want to mention this?

Again, your job is to PROTECT the relationship, not put it in jeopardy.

Why do you want to share some piece of info that may (or may not, who knows? But why risk it?) upset your partner?

That doesn't mean you should lie, cheat, steal and cover it up. But why bother sharing this stuff unless it comes up? And if it comes up, THEN is the time to be honest and diplomatic as the others have suggested about being open and honest.

Seriously, I would ask myself HOW DO I WISH TO BE TREATED IN A SERIOUS MONOGAMOUS RELATIONSHIP.

Start there.

Hey, maybe you should calm down here?
I mean, think of it this way if my partner had this experience it would be nice for me to know about it. At the same time I recognize it may be irrelevant and it shouldn't be treated like it's a big deal, but it's clearly bugging this guy and maybe it wont hurt to just get it off his chest.

You seem really upset over this issue, and I can see this is hitting home so maybe take a step back, he's not a terrible person he's just trying to figure things out and he was a bit confused. He stopped the issue before it became anything big and that's that.

If anything he can just sit down with his partner and be like "I deleted my Tumblr today." "Why?" "This guy was hitting on me and asking me some seriously inappropriate questions. I wanted you to know because I didn't want you to find out from someone else, but I fixed the problem."

I believe in openness and honesty so if I were you....I would tell him.

I don't know what'll happen......but tell him.

Mick

WAIT, I know this is sorta off topic, but reading the original post...THAT'S FLIRTING? SHIT! I THOUGHT THAT WAS BEING CREEPY. I've met someone on a chat site, and he was pretty chill and then he started asking me if he could jerk off while we keep texting each other. At first I was like 'uh...okay....' and then he started asking if me I moan when I masturbate and I was like'.......' and then he continued going like 'What are you wearing right now?'....crap I didn't know that was flirting....I call that being creepy....LOL

Armandork Wrote:Hey, maybe you should calm down here?
I mean, think of it this way if my partner had this experience it would be nice for me to know about it. At the same time I recognize it may be irrelevant and it shouldn't be treated like it's a big deal, but it's clearly bugging this guy and maybe it wont hurt to just get it off his chest.

You seem really upset over this issue, and I can see this is hitting home so maybe take a step back, he's not a terrible person he's just trying to figure things out and he was a bit confused. He stopped the issue before it became anything big and that's that.

If anything he can just sit down with his partner and be like "I deleted my Tumblr today." "Why?" "This guy was hitting on me and asking me some seriously inappropriate questions. I wanted you to know because I didn't want you to find out from someone else, but I fixed the problem."

I agree that would be a pretty reasonable response.

I'd like to see how it goes.

Hi,
I can see only one reason why you would want to tell him. YOU want to feel better. It certainly won't make your partner feel good. You can't just say he was hitting on me, because you were flirting back. If you want to be honest, you need to say that too. And that will hurt your partner and his imagination will run wild. And maybe every time he sees you texting, he will be in doubts and it will hurt again.

Drop him. Seriously. He's only into you for you-know-what, and if your partner finds out about this he might be hurt by it. The alternative is to tell him you are permanently friendzoning him, at which point he might stop talking to you anyway.

I know it's nice to feel appreciated too, but you have to respect who you're with. You aren't a bad person for getting into a situation like this, but make sure you respond to it in a good way.

~

A guy telling me he is jacking off or asking me if I am naked isnt really nice for me. So I suggest drop him off, or block him in that app. When getting to know someone, the moment he talks to you in a malicious way, drop him off! He is just playing around.

That isn't flirting, that it being creepy. What are you wearing, are you naked - that is not flirty.

Flirty is my calling Lalo, Señor Caliente (Mr. Hot), or teasing another person slightly with innuendo. Which is hints at sexual situations without being overly obnoxious.

This guy telling you he is jacking off is pervy/creepy this isn't flirty at all.

No need to tell your partner.. instead just block this creep.

We have a saying here in Mirkwood - Don't feed the trolls... Stop feeding this one and it will go away.