Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over looking for b/f...whats next??? Please Help!!!
im going crazy its like i have nothing to do. I was looking for a boyfriend and that went all wrong. now Im looking for just a friend and that seem just like looking fo r a friend. I dont have a job but collecting unemployment, been looking for one but once thats done and all my stuff is done for the day what else is there to do? Its like im going day to day just getting up and going to sleep. I feel like there isnt anyone like me or even likes me. I usually dont talk like this. Need help...Bad.

Finding boyfriends is a lot like fishing.

1) We need the right bait. You've already got it but do you know how to use it? Are you willing to use it (sorry, shy boys, but hiding doesn't work.)

2) Sometimes it requires a change of techniques. If you're searching bars, try searching in organizations. If you search only on weekends, try the weekdays. If you tried being subtle, try a direct approach (Hi my name is______________ and I can't help myself. I'm attracted to you.)

3) Stand still or canvas the area? If you've tried standing still and WAITING for Mr. Right, try canvasing a larger area for Mr. Right Now until you have a Mr. Right (a little fun while looking never hurt).

4) Be Patient. Giving up is too easy. Don't give up because you'll find him just when you least expect it.

And remember: Love is not a noun, it's a verb. Love is something you DO. So give it if you want to live it.

KnightShade Wrote:4) Be Patient. Giving up is too easy. Don't give up because you'll find him just when you least expect it.

I have the same problem. I have been single for the past 3 years. I am confident ( a little bit cocky ). I have the youth energy, the brain, the sense of humor, and the look. I have a potential good career ahead. Compare to other college student, I make fairly good money and fairly good grades. I enjoy being socialize as well as meeting new people.
But every night, I get home, I am still all by myself. Every time, I get ,sick, I am there only one make that trip to the pharmacy to buy my own medicine.
I looked hard for love but I couldn't find it.
I am soft of giving up looking.

So to the OP, there are plenty of fish in the same pool with you. Sometimes, Mr. Right will just jump into your life when you least expect. In the mean time, instead of looking, spend that time to pump up yourself or at least take care of yourself.

BTW,

I found this interesting. Most guys don't smile and many that do smile don't know HOW to use their smile. Don't smile until AFTER he starts looking at you.

If you aren't good at smiling, practice in front of a mirror. Use your imagination and remember a time when you were laughing hard. Can you remember a specific time? What were you and the other person saying at the time that was so funny? Practice remembering, then when you're sure you can do it, remember it again when you're in the presence of a guy you like and smile for him AFTER he looks at you. If you do this you just might be amazed at the response you get back.

Smiles are CONTAGIOUS! Use 'em!

Job searching can be incredibly frustrating. Are you looking to stay where you are or open to relocation?

As for the days, do you have any sort of dreams you could work on? Learning to play guitar or writing a book or getting the body of your dreams or learning how to do woodworking... anything? I think some sort of goal aside from "searching" when you don't know what you'll find what or when, might help.

That said, definitely don't give up on the search either - for the job, for friends, for love. I looked so much for many years before mostly giving up... and then it found me. Unfortunately that didn't last but there's some hope out there right now for me... to my surprise though I'm still not holding my breath just quite yet... but sometimes we are more content when we stop thinking about what we don't have, and start to enjoy what we do have... which in the case of us singletons can include quite a bit of freedom.

KnightShade Wrote:BTW,

I found this interesting. Most guys don't smile and many that do smile don't know HOW to use their smile. Don't smile until AFTER he starts looking at you.

If you aren't good at smiling, practice in front of a mirror. Use your imagination and remember a time when you were laughing hard. Can you remember a specific time? What were you and the other person saying at the time that was so funny? Practice remembering, then when you're sure you can do it, remember it again when you're in the presence of a guy you like and smile for him AFTER he looks at you. If you do this you just might be amazed at the response you get back.

I don't think a fake smile would work on anyone Big Grin
Instead of trying really hard to smile, we should try to be HAPPY. As we are happy, the smile will come very often. Also, happy guys are way sexier than sorrow ones.

KnightShade Wrote:BTW,

I dont know how too though

sweetlad2010 Wrote:I dont know how too though
how to what

Synaesthete86 Wrote:how to what

Smile, the only way to get me to smile is to tickled me lol xx

Hehe *tickles your feet*

Seriously, how come you don't know how? Yours is a face that deserves to smille