Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing Safe Vs. Bareback
I guess I don't really have the word here, but I just wanted to say that as guys aren't usually monogamous (full respect to the exceptions!), new partners should probably always be greeted with a condom in hand, no matter how sure they are they don't have any diseases. This response is sort of inspired by a story about AIDS in the beginning and the way it spread among gay men. I am actually almost crying.

Gareth125 Wrote:Being a complete novice and a virgin , when the time comes I would always use a condom , just too risky in my opinion . Even if I was to meet a person who was tested for HIV , there are still loads of other STD's about that can be very nasty . I currently take medication that surpresses my immune system and this increases my risk of getting infections , so just can't afford to take the risk no matter how much I trusted my partner. No condom , No sex , it's that simple

You CAN have sex with someone else, it's just got to be the non penetrative style. mutual masturbation for example, is ok too... no risks there.

Yeah of course P.A , when i meant sex I meant penatrative sex , wouldnt use a condom for other stuff . It would be like sucking a lolipop with the wrapper left on still lol

If I was in a monagomus relationship, and both of us were disease free, I wouldn't bother with condoms.

two things to happen for me not use condomns is A: im in a very commited relationship woth my sign other and im comfortable enough to do so and B: we've both had STD tests done for eachother

gilhooly Wrote:The joy of a monogamous relationship is hard to describe. The fact that you don't wear condoms isn't. Condoms suck. The pleasure of monogamy is greatly enhanced by the money you save on condoms.
In my school, condoms are free.

Of all the reasons I enjoy barebacking with my boyfriend (we have been tested, are 100% monogamous, etc.), saving money is the least of them.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

gilhooly Wrote:The joy of a monogamous relationship is hard to describe. The fact that you don't wear condoms isn't. Condoms suck. The pleasure of monogamy is greatly enhanced by the money you save on condoms.

Who says your significant other isn't cheating? Just because you're 100% monogamous, doesn't mean he's going to be.

Reality check :

===>>> Human's lie!! <<<===

Seriously?? The money you save on condoms?!

When did the value of your life become less than the price for one measly box of condoms?

(If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love anyone else?)

If you're so worried about spending money, then go to your local gay community center and ask for condoms (they'll be free)! If that don't suit your fancy, you can go to your local free clinic to get some, cause that's where you're going to end up eventually, bare-backing like that!

I would pay $100 for ONE box of condoms, even if they where sold at that price!

Why? Because I value my life over a couple hours of pleasure/passion, and because you can accomplish both by wearing a condom!

Although, condoms may not be all that "comfortable" (depending on the brand), I'm sure you'd much rather enjoy the comfort of knowing you're not going to wake up with a nasty STD that will never go away, or worse HIV/AIDS!

You know why? Because that would suck even more than having to spare a few bucks that you'd probably spend on something stupid anyways.

Unfortunately, I believe many gay men these days share your simplistic mentality.

That would explain why, according to statistics, 1 in 5 gay men in big cities in the United States has HIV!

Obviously, it's way worse than that! I'd predict about 2-3 in 5 gay mean have HIV in the US (it's not that different elsewhere) because most are too ashamed or in denial about being HIV positive, or worse, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAVE IT!

How can someone not know they have HIV/AIDS? Because it can stay dormant in your body for years without detection!

Don't become a statistic!

Moral of this response:

Wear a condom!

I know love can feel undeniable and indestructible, but realistically (even though, I'm sure it feels this way now) it's NOT going to last forever!

Guess what does, though? HIV and STD's!

Good luck, and wrap it up!

That's a strong statement, Dreamer, but I didn't get to the same point as you from reading gilhooly's message. Did we read the same post? :confused:

marshlander Wrote:That's a strong statement, Dreamer, but I didn't get to the same point as you from reading gilhooly's message. Did we read the same post? :confused:

I may have misinterpreted his message, but I believe my statement is valid on the issue of bare-backing, regardless!