Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Activism?
East Wrote:Hey Gen! How are you doing? Nice to see you Smile

I am not an idealist anymore...I see it all for what it is..and the one thing I care about (and so should EVERY gay person) is who will be appointing the next Supreme Court Justices...

Yeah..it all comes down to that for me..and I will vote for any Democrat because it will be a disaster if another Republican tips the court....

I would like to vote my conscience but the reality is more important now...and it is all about who will be appointing Supreme Court Justices.... THE END...

Well said, East!
~Beaux

I'm a registered voter, I've been a member of Equality NJ and did phone calls to see who supported same-sex marriage, i've marched in pride marches as well as protests in NJ, NYC, and at Washington.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

It's tough for me because I'm fairly moderate. Obviously I agree with democrats on same sex marriage, but I tend to agree with republicans on issues like terrorism, immigration, and taxes.

I'm convinced the media/Internet has messed up politics by giving people the wrong things upon which to focus. Would people like Taft or FDR been as successful if people could scrutinize every facet of their physical appearance? We live in a country where a man was eliminated from the presidential primary because of the way he laughed!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Indeed, they are a small minority Genersis...

Most people go about their daily lives without giving much thought to politics. It surprises me when I hear someone say something like; "I didn't vote for him because his eyes are to close together",,, or,, "his lips don't look natural",,, or,,, "he has a sneaky look to him".......... Those attributes do not indicate whether a person would make a good leader or not, yet that's how many, many, people decide who to vote for.

I have discovered that in most cases, I cannot change a persons political opinions. They will even agree with what I have to say - yet vote for the axe-murderer anyway because the axe-murderer had nice eyes,, while the other guy didn't.

Nowadays, I suppose I'm a low-range activist. I put posters in my front yard, give money to the political group who I support, and of course VOTE (smile)....

I leave the rest to the younger political activist who have the energy and conviction to do the foot stomping & endless debates. My nerves & patience have been frayed enough in this lifetime...

Sincerely,
Jim

hate politics with a passion - its a rich boys club that take turns to line their own pockets while they serve their term - then sell themselves to some to some other rich company to buy favours in parliament - we'll never get to the end of their corruption and lies

sadly, politics in murrica has resulted in whoever is the lesser of two evils. if t.rump or c.ruz ends up the nominee from the g.o.p. I'm voting for the other side without hesitation. unfortunately far right and far left give me shivers! why cant you be a centrist or moderate! sheesh :/ auwe.