Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Correctness- Good or bad?
I don't think it's OK for people to be allowed to incite crimes. That includes inciting violence against black, brown, yellow or any other colour people, and gay people too. I'm surprised that you have a problem with that stance.

Spellbound Wrote:I don't think it's OK for people to be allowed to incite crimes. That includes inciting violence against black, brown, yellow or any other colour people, and gay people too. I'm surprised that you have a problem with that stance.

Saying hateful things doesn't incite crime unless the person is emotionally delicate.

Its very good. I have seen a world without Political Correctness to keep people in line.

Unfortunately most humans are born without humanity, they lack compassion, caring, tolerance and love for their fellow human being. Thus society has to make up all of these rules to make it look like humans have humanity.

I see humans but no humanity...

This is so true of our world and the species... Political Correctness is the new Religion, it sets forth moral principles and uses shame instead of the threat of hell to enforce simple guidelines to get people to treat one another nicely.

And like with Christianity of course some idiot is going to come along and abuse PC just like so many idiots have abused the bible, turning these things into weapons.

Quote:Saying hateful things doesn't incite crime unless the person is emotionally delicate.

Ask the Germans prior to WWII how that really works.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. - Winston Churchill

I strongly suggest you pick up a few history books and start reading how the world operates and you will clearly see that yes, the majority are so weak minded that they allow words of hatred to incite crimes against others.

The Jews, Poles, Gays and other 'unacceptable' groups were victimized not just by the SS and the Military, but by their very neighbors who were turned to hatred by words of hate.

The same thing happens today, just fortunately we have no orator of great words like Hitler was in any place of power spewing hatred.

When such an individual arises I assure you you will see first hand how mere words can compel the mob to commit unthinkable acts upon minorities.

Quote:Saying hateful things doesn't incite crime unless the person is emotionally delicate.

Actually, if you want to see the power of words, do some research on Masaru Emoto. See the potential that words have to change every cell in our body...for the better or worse.

Well you see I give no fucks. I've offended people. I said nigger in front of a mongrel mod kid who was brown. He got offended and it was awkward from then on... My thinking was that he's probably said faggot in his life more than once u.u I gave no fucks and actually superior... mostly cos the motto on their patch pretty much says Hail Hittler and he is brown and would get kill by Hittler u.u

Tho I'm not racists I didn't call him a nigger! COLOUR MEANS NOTHING!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Its very good. I have seen a world without Political Correctness to keep people in line.

Unfortunately most humans are born without humanity, they lack compassion, caring, tolerance and love for their fellow human being. Thus society has to make up all of these rules to make it look like humans have humanity.

I see humans but no humanity...

This is so true of our world and the species... Political Correctness is the new Religion, it sets forth moral principles and uses shame instead of the threat of hell to enforce simple guidelines to get people to treat one another nicely.

And like with Christianity of course some idiot is going to come along and abuse PC just like so many idiots have abused the bible, turning these things into weapons.

Ask the Germans prior to WWII how that really works.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. - Winston Churchill

I strongly suggest you pick up a few history books and start reading how the world operates and you will clearly see that yes, the majority are so weak minded that they allow words of hatred to incite crimes against others.

The Jews, Poles, Gays and other 'unacceptable' groups were victimized not just by the SS and the Military, but by their very neighbors who were turned to hatred by words of hate.

The same thing happens today, just fortunately we have no orator of great words like Hitler was in any place of power spewing hatred.

When such an individual arises I assure you you will see first hand how mere words can compel the mob to commit unthinkable acts upon minorities.

Thanks Bowyn Aerrow. To put it succinctly, for some people here, if Hitler were alive today, for them it would be perfectly OK for him to rant on about Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals and any other non-Aryan race. That, I find quite extraordinary.

I firmly believe in freedom of speech, as in - you can be a massive asshole to someone, BUT they can be an asshole right back.

However, I feel that if you want to have a conversation with someone and get along, you need to be respectful, not make any generalizations and if asked, use the correct labels and language. In more formal environments, especially but not limited to serious conversations on issues or anything, in order for your words to have any weight, I believe, your language needs to be respectful and politically correct, clean of any sutcle or not so subtle attacks based on some personal characteristics.

pepple say its ok. say they called there frined a racist word and your friend not mind.ok okokoko ok,
but example i been called retard . peple say it t be nasty. why is that ok why is it good to say retard. peple say it alot. i wish pepple didint say it becase you dont now what its like.no one listins to us them still say it.

Well Joseph, From what I get from this thread some people actually believe you would be better off growing a thick skin, and the only way to cause that to happen is to abuse you verbally.

There are only two kinds of people in the world. Gentle Souls and those who are not.

Unfortunately the Gentle Souls (like you) tend to be a target for the other soulless being's who apparently don't care if they are hurting another person.