Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for all or what do you think
Hi guys well as you all know I read more then I talk on here. But this time I need your input.

About a month or less ago I meet a guy on line. He seems very nice and all but I can't help shacking the feeling that there might be something that he is not saying. So here goes the story I hope short, lol.

For the most part we have been emailing back and forth and insta messaging each other.

We both have spill a lot of guts to each other and he seems to be real nice and all, and cute. We have talked about what we want and not which all seems fine.

I of course am From Idaho and he Is from NJ or so he says, but he says he is working in Benin Republic so that becomes my first rd flag. Even though the city he says he is from matched what he says that he makes money wise and would follow and executives scale.

He did say that when he gets back to the states that he would come out my way to meet me. What follows is what is very puzzling.

He then turned around and said he did not want to ask because he thought that it would seem that he was being demanding. so I ask what was on his mind and it took a while for him to respond. He said that he needed to get a new Iphone or Gallixy phone which are around $800 that i found out. I ask why does he not just order it and have it sent to him. then the last thing he said to me was get it before the 8th and send it which then I was upset that he did do the demand and I told him that I could not afford such a thing. I was shocked that he would even ask something like that in a new relationship. Plus a few days later I told him how I felt about this and he proceeded that I was childish which made me even more upset that he would even think of such a thing then he said he did not have the money to buy the phone so another red flag for me. he then also said he was sorry.

So what do you think?

You were wise to say no.

Nigerian scam...next it would be a plane ticket home, train ticket to visit you...oh noes...he didn't show up????

My honest reaction is, block him NOW!

This sounds like the typical scammers trick of getting emotionally linked to their victim then starting to demand things (usually $$)

Have you tried to Skype face to face, so you can see and hear him for real?

ObW
X

I think you have some serious red flags there. You haven't even met and he is asking you to buy him a phone?!

What the hell? These people exist? I thought they were rumors. Cut every possible tie you have to him, double-check that you haven't given any sensitive information (address, place of employment), and notify whomever is supposed to be enforcing wherever you met this guy that there are scammers amok.

@ Counselor
I might have to claim "Scammers Amok" as the name for my next band.

@ dlboy
It's time to cut and run. Sorry this guy sounds like a douche.

Mee too, I need a new iPhone and a new computer. Sad
And overall, I love you Love

Block him... and move on Smile

As all the others have said, run, block him, adiós, goodbye. This is a more than obvious Nigerian SCAM.

Once I reach 50 posts and am able to post links in my posts, I am going to open a post specifically about SCAMS and what I do with them.

Hi there, maybe it is a scam, or this guy wants you to be a "suger daddy" to him. I think it was completly rude of him to ask you for something like that. Im sorry as it must be hurtfull. You voiced your concern at his request and HE called YOU childish. Well he said "sorry" maybe you should say to him what you have told here to us. see how things go but dont buy him anything.

On the other hand come to england and im yours for a (7up)