Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio station
axle2152 Wrote:Let me know what you think, particularly the sound quality...

I use a program called stereo tool that allows me to run a multi-band compressor and other things to make it sound more commercial.

The stream itself plays at 36kbps using the AAC HE codec (Advanced Audio Codec - High Efficiency). So it doesn't use a lot of data and actually could stream via dial up...

I find that the sound quality is similar but better than satelite radio like XM or Sirrus. While not CD quality still very listenable. I have been tweaking the compressor here and I think I'm getting it pretty well dialed in...

Could you pm me that link please so I don't need to look through here to get it? Smile

I usually listen to the radio when I go out for a walk; I do a song request before I go out and let the DJ play it; it's fun having your requested song play on the airwaves.

Man all the radio stations here pretty much are on autopilot. I think one of the local stations might do it...Half the time it is simulcast...shit like Fox News, or The Blaze...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Man all the radio stations here pretty much are on autopilot. I think one of the local stations might do it...Half the time it is simulcast...shit like Fox News, or The Blaze...

Team Rock is nearly automated.

Cheers for the link like I said I'll probably get time to look at it on Saturday.

Z100 in NYC
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:Z100 in NYC

Used to be some real good stations in Atlanta before they got bought out by larger media conglomerates...

Used to have WNNX 99X (99.7 FM) which was a 100kW station...and due to the power only reason why I could hear it up here in the mountains...

Been tinkering around with microphone and whatnot, small mixer board, playing records etc over the stream... Not the best DJ out there...might be because I'm drinking wine at the same time lol...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Horizonte.cl

Currently playing Tori Amos. Can't say I'd complain.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I use. TuneIn app to listen to the radio - great way to find new stations and news around the world

Heart Fm I have it on at work
An eye for an eye

Horizonte.cl as usual
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]