Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rave/hardcore/techno
Any ravers here?

I can't help but love a bit of (happy) hardcore, techno, rave, '90s stylee is my favourite. Shame I missed it first time round. But still raving retrospectively!

I find it to be quite a divisive genre... most of my friends aren't keen which makes it hard to come by a rave buddy, but I think they are missing out Big Grin

xx

When I was younger...up until I was 23, I think, I went to quite a few raves and free parties (and also a techno night at a lesbian club that my girlfriend liked for a couple of more years after that). IMO, the best ones are rural well away from where the cops can easily come raiding (or at least you can see them coming long before they get there), and the people who run them seem more part of the community rather than exploiters of it who try to make sure you don't sneak in any water and then sell like a small bottle for about $10 that made me realize not everyone deserves PLUR (in fact, they deserve a boot up the butt, IMO, people can die from not having water at a rave...). I mean I understand about keeping the vibe good, but I think it's worth having a sheep dog or two (or people who can switch to one as needed) to keep away the wolves...

And like many subcultures they have generational divides who complain about each other (not everyone, some actually do understand PLUR), and I learned to dress the part as nobody seemed to like a "graver" (goth raver), and as I mixed with both subcultures back then I learned to dress appropriately, though now it seems at least half the goths younger than me are cyber goths who look like they belong in the future than the past and could fit in with many raves & free parties so maybe the 2 subcultures mix easier now (and I can't help but laugh as I now think of a perky goth covered with glitter at a rave...Roflmao)

That's just been my experience in mostly California & Oregon (and many years ago), I don't know what the scene is like today or how it is where you are.

I love many genres of music, and for industrial I still make a habit of listening to Front Line Assembly, Assemblage 23, KMFDM, Informatik, Funker Vogt, System Syn, and some that might get played at free parties and such today include Switchblade Symphony, Cruxshadows, Love Like Blood, and the Last Dance. And T3rror 3rror was one of those bands that used to be underground but I think they're much more popular now.

Meh...

And that's all I have to say about that. Good night.

VileKyle Wrote:Meh...

And that's all I have to say about that. Good night.

[Image: tumblr_m2aoqqQYS41r0hqfjo1_400.jpg]

Pix, Interesting to hear about the dance/rave scene in the USA- not something I knew about... had to google 'PLUR'!As you say, dance scenes often evolve quite seperately from media/corporate influence, by the people,for the people. The big names are not elusive famous people, but members of our number. I like that about it, as well as the fact it is so dance orientated.

Here (North East England), the stuff I like was legal, held in big clubs in little towns. Often they didn't have drink liscences, and people tending to use ecstasy and speed instead, which ultimately was the undoing of the scene as they all got shut down by police. By the time I was old enough to attend, it was gone mostly, which is a shame. But they have lots of reunions and things, which I like going to.

Most of the stuff is high tempo dance/techno with people MCing over the top. The music is so joyful, sometimes even sickly sweet. It's just the best fun to dance to.

I even like the MC stuff me, haha.

Aw,

This post made me smile. Yes, raver here!

I love Happy Hardcore/Hardcore. It's one of my favorite genre's, although it has changed a lot during the decades. I like some of the stuff that's coming out now, but not as much as the stuff that was around mid '90's to early '00's. Aside from Hardcore I love Hard Dance, Hard House, Jungle/DnB.

You're from the UK right? So your scene a little different. You guys have like Hardcore Heaven, and lots of HTiD-type events. Here in America back then we used to have all Hardcore events, but it kind of died out. We still have them here and there, but it's no Hardcore Heaven or HTiD events, hehe. We pretty much have multigenre events, where it's a mixture of different kinds of EDM.

I'm sure it's pretty different over there, over here we have/had a dance culture. With all the neon beaded bracelets [kandy, candi] and the super wide pants and cartoons to make a 5 year old jealous ;D I'm not ashamed to say it but I'm still a Kandy raver at heart, haha

Although, sadly I have to go on a long rave-hiatus cause I am going into school and then work right away. I am planning on moving to California by the end of next year and as soon as I get settled I will try and figure out what kind of scene they have there ;D

haha. If I can find pictures of myself I will post it up here Tongue

Oh no Rave music is not my thing.
An eye for an eye

so i have discovered music along with religion is a bad gayspeak topic.

Oh, I dunno, music is MUCH more important, right? Aww, cheers justbry, another child of '87 too! Glad you liked it, and interesting to hear about your scene there. I like all sorts of techno stuff, anything fast and loud, ha ha! I AM high energy! Got any nice links? Smile

Seen these a couple of weeks ago, amazing!!!

Ive been just using Soundcloud to keep track of stuff I like.. Try these..? :]

https://soundcloud.com/monta-musica/trip...north-east

https://soundcloud.com/luckybreaksdigita...st-live-hu

The first one is Makina and the second one is Breakbeat Hardcore/Drum n Bass ;]

The first one is stuff that is big in North East England, hence the NE, Makina, bounce and all that. Even got the Tribal Church logo! WELL into that here, love it, and love that you're enjoying it over there, because I never knew much of our specific part of the country could export anything cultural that would be of interest of to others, haha. Listening to it now, nice one!!