Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe of the Day
MisterTinkles Wrote:*** UGH *** cant post links

Where is the recipe?

Not a recipe but here's a nice tip for cheesecakes:

I have a way to make cheesecakes not crack ever, for my usual recipe at least, although it has worked with one other recipe.

What you do is, you do that thing New York cheesecakes and Asian cheesecakes like to do, caramelise the top.

Turn the oven on highest heat for the last few minutes to brown the top, forming a sort of strong but still tender crust that has enough strength to hold together the cheesecake while it cools and tenses.

This is obviously not a good method for marbled cheesecakes, but for plain vanilla creamy cheesecakes, it both adds flavour, presentableness and prevents cracking.

Also, Mrtinkles, more pictures pleaaaaase. xD Recipes for sexypics.

Quick Asian Chicken

This one is great on a tight budget or if you don't have much fridge space or want to use up leftovers.
1 Can (about 2 cups) Chop Suey Vegetables (can use fresh or frozen if that's what you have)
1 Can (about 1 cup) white meat chicken or leftover cooked chicken.
1 TBS ground ROASTED ginger (you buy it roasted and ground in the spice isle and it has to be roasted, not just ground.)
3 TBS Soy sauce.

Put everything in a non stick skillet, or microwave bowl, mix it well, heat it up and serve it over rice or chow mien noodles it can feed 3 or 4 people.

Well im not really sure if that's the proper place to ask although i didnt find any other place that it could fit in so...

Does any of you know how to make jello shots? Can you please tell me the recipe?
Thanks in advance.

Just make jello like for Jigglers with half the liquid, like the big boxes only use 1 cup not 2 cups and use a schnapps, vodka or ever clear for the liquid then pour it little containers and put it in the freezer for 2-3 hours then in the fridge until you want the shots.

Just if you use flavored schnapps then the jello is best the same flavor because it's strong.

This is how I like to make Guacamole:
2 Avocados
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (or more if you dare Devil )
A little more than a cup of diced tomato. I like a lot of tomato, but use however much you want.
Vegetable or Olive oil
Black pepper, crushed red pepper, red wine vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder to taste

Peel the avocados, and remove the pits (or whatever they're called). Mash with a fork in a bowl.

Heat the oil in a pan, and cook the tomato and garlic with all of the seasonings/spices, stirring fairly frequently. Note: I usually put in 2 capfuls of vinegar here, and throw in another 2 into the avocado
Be generous with the spices, and don't be afraid of the red pepper (it will cook down) otherwise it'll be real bland.
You may have to add some more oil to the pan in order to get the right consistency

You should also add some of each of the spices (not the red pepper) to the mashed avocado.

When the tomato mixture starts to break down and the garlic is cooked through (not burnt), pour it (while still hot, including the hot oil, which is important) into the avocado and mix well. Be sure to taste it before you serve it!!

ChrisD Wrote:This is how I like to make Guacamole:
2 Avocados
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
A little more than a cup of diced tomato. I like a lot of tomato, but use however much you want.
Vegetable or Olive oil
Black pepper, crushed red pepper, red wine vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder to taste

Peel the avocados, and remove the pits (or whatever they're called). Mash with a fork in a bowl.

Heat the oil in a pan, and cook the tomato and garlic with all of the seasonings/spices, stirring fairly frequently.

You should also add some of each of the spices (not the red pepper) to the mashed avocado.

When the tomato mixture starts to break down, pour it (while still hot, including the hot oil, which is important) into the avocado and mix well. Be sure to taste it before you serve it!!

I LOVE guacamole! I will have to add this to my list of guac recipes!

YUM!!!

Gosh I'm very bad at cooking... XD

sillyboy86 Wrote:Gosh I'm very bad at cooking... XD

Even the worst cook can boil water!!

:biggrin:

Maybe we should set up a cooking tutorial thread.....:tongue: