Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should religious belief be above the law?
LONDONER Wrote:It's strange, a few years ago I was driving with a friend, through France, a Catholic country, and we stopped one night to look for an hotel. The middle aged female Recepcionist, without batting an eylid asked: "One bed or two"?

Well, it's one thing census cannot tell apart..people who SAY they are Catholic but don't actually go to church and stuff like that..so statistically many countries are Catholic but many are not exactly full of practicioners..

And France has always been more on the open minded side than most..

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

happenes here too...more "in the numbers" than actual practicioners..what worries me about here, at least is the influence the Catholic Church still exerts through Opus Dei freaks and catholic parties..they are the ones that have kept the country from having a proper divorce law till recently, not even mention LGBT...

Now as for the article...interesting piece..

on one hand, sure, there is freedom of religion practice..but I don't see anywhere within that right a legal base for discrimination....maybe and just maybe...something like "we reserve the right to serve" or however that goes..

they, on the other hand did not suffer from any type of infringement on their right to profese a faith..no one has asked them stop being christians, so.

the resolution was just right...

the best things that have happened in "recent" decades, was. separation of church and state...so church has no place in law enforcement..

and freedom of religion, meaning anyone can profese the faith that they will, or non at all, with no fear of reprisal..they should in return, grant the same undiscriminatory treatment.

Thanks for this info, Londoner

Should religious belief be above the law you ask?
of course it should what sort of question is this?

ACTUALLY
IMO religion is the anti logic. Believe without seeing. And being told what to do in fear of what isn't even real. Organised religion is morally wrong and I don't see any way that it can be right. If there is heaven only those who believe in the right god in the right way get to go there. WTF! Well then fucket all the best people will be in hell any way.

you want to know whats funny even in the us we still here how bat-shit crazy the daily mail is.
Their like the us equivalent of fox news.

Quote form jemmy car
"ahh fox news they don't make it up they shit it out"