Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should text or not to text
Met a nice guy and hung out and actually stayed at this place one night few weeks ago. This was after a 2 month texting on and off(nothing really coming out of it). I wasn't sure then if he really wanted to see me. Was confused too as i'm into older and he is like mid 20s.

Anyways, meeting him was interesting, made me dinner, breakfast and we had fun. Wants to see me tomorrow for lunch (v-day lunch) but I rather be with him the whole afternoon.

He has to be back at his work but certain time. I'm a text maniac but don't want to be stalkerish. He is busy i know. He is mid 20s schooling and im 33 working.

Maybe I should just wait for him to text. Which reminds me, if he doesn't hear from me, he texts do you miss me. Which is well, "oh you remember me after 3 days of no texting mmm"

worse part is I bought a gift for him tomorrow and bit weird on even giving it to him. Providing he does show up for lunch.

Why can't he just text me back and ask me stuff as opposed to me giving him sermons when i text lol..stresssssss. Hate waiting for him. Last text he said was that he had to be home tomorrow at certain time so I was bumbed and didn't message back. sucks to be alone V-day or better part of it.

He was trying to keep you informed in regards to your schedule, so why didn't you just tell him that was disappointing? Or that you got him a gift for V-day lunch (that way he has to come to lunch to get it)?

I did tell him i took the afternoon off in the text. So was hoping he would say cool, lets do something like movie or hang out etc after lunch. But he didn't. He just seemed to just get the lunch over with. Sad

maybe i should just not put too much into it..sigh. dating is so hard esp when one likes the other more.

crosswire Wrote:I did tell him i took the afternoon off in the text. So was hoping he would say cool, lets do something like movie or hang out etc after lunch. But he didn't. He just seemed to just get the lunch over with. Sad

maybe i should just not put too much into it..sigh. dating is so hard esp when one likes the other more.

This is off-topic, but I'm not overly fond of that perspective. "Keeping score" and "who likes whom more" seems to produce more stress in a relationship (my ex did this, one of the reasons he's my ex).

And your bf might be stressed about school, I don't know anybody in college that wasn't stressed about school, and unless his schedule is different, I think mid terms are soon.

Yep, actually not by bf lol..just a date. ya ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

It seems you are putting a lot more projection into this than your younger friend. Your post suggest you are frustrated and are ready to speed things up.

You also suggest that he is making no fast moves in that direction, yet. Giving someone you have spent two months texting and one night with, a V-day gift - might need some rethinking on your part. V-day gifts are given and received with different meaning for different people.

Have your lunch, and let thing play out as they will. If you can match your pace to his, then you might get a better picture on how or even if you should continue to proceed with this guy.

Well, call me old-fashioned, but what about calling him, instead of waiting for his text and thinking over and over what he could mean by his last one?

his schedule may be vastly different than yours. Big age difference too
bets one or the other or both.

I agree with Nick9 i think texting most of the times it mixes the things up its better to call to him and explain the situation so you could also understand his intention not only by his reply aslo from his change of tone in his voice etc.

Texting - is what one - two sentences of condensed data?

Not a good idea.

Personally Hate receiving text messages on my phone. Its a fraking phone, call me.

Anyway this is most likely too late, but I would suggest calling him, and if he is sending a text 'do you miss me' then I suggest you call him more often.

Since he is younger, he may be more inexperienced and may be agonizing over should he text you or would it come off being needy.

I would also exchange email addresses and write walls of text to each other. With the clear understanding that there is no need for immediate answers as you both have lives (I assume) and it is not reasonable to expect a wall of text back immediately.

IF he is real busy, then he shouldn't be expected to send a wall of text back, but he most likely will take time out of his day to read your words and feel all warm and fuzzy.

If you have his home address a card or a letter in an envelope once in a while is even more special and sends the non-voiced message that he is more special than just those other people who you text and email daily.

Little things can send larger messages and be more special.