Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking...
Bob Wrote:I tried cutting down and I managed to get down to 2 a day but then I went right back up again. :frown:

Bob, good luck in your attempt to quit. I think there are some types that are more addictive than others. These things should be made illegal!!!

all I can recommend it that you just quit. I dont believe it helps to slow down because you still have the poison in your system! I was one of the lucky ones. After smoking for about 10 years I decided I had enough and just stopped. I was pretty sick for about 2 or 3 days... NOT really sick but you know... the craving, etc...

after those first few days it just got easier and easier to the point where if I smelled cigarette smoke I would feel nauseous.

Been off cigs about 10 years now and still cant stand the smell of them.

I highly recommend Alan Carr's book: Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It's an education about smoking, during which he recommends continuing to smoke (although don't start again if you have quit...Doh! Wink )

Check it out tho, here some info on the guy:
"Allen Carr's hundred-cigarettes-a-day addiction drove him to despair, but after countless attempts to quit he discovered what the world had been waiting for - the easy way to stop smoking. Now recognised as the world's leading expert on helping smokers to quit, Allen Carr's informative, no scare tactics methods and techniques are a revelation for those desperate to kick the habit."

I need a spliff after readin this thread [Image: thyes30.gif] congrats to ya'll who have or are kickin the habit tho! Wink

Am i the only person in the history of ever who actually ENJOYS smoking??

I started smoking about a year ago after i started uni because i walked pasta tobacconist and decided one of the long cigarette holders was so VERY Breakfast at Tiffany's and i wanted it. And i don't do it 'cos i'm addicted, my doctor told me to give it up, i did no problem. Then about four weeks later i thought now am i quitting 'cos i want to or because someone else wants me to??

I like smoking, to me it's so VERY film noir in spite of me not being french, nor in black and white. Also i take a lot of comfort form the idea that smoking'll kill me LONG before the alzheimers that runs in the males of my family makes me lose my marbles so very slowly and publicly.

My advice to everyone wanting to quit is you actually DO have to want to, because otherwise you'll just find excuses to start again.

So thereyougothen Wink

xxx

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Am i the only person in the history of ever who actually ENJOYS smoking??

I started smoking about a year ago after i started uni because i walked pasta tobacconist and decided one of the long cigarette holders was so VERY Breakfast at Tiffany's and i wanted it. And i don't do it 'cos i'm addicted, my doctor told me to give it up, i did no problem. Then about four weeks later i thought now am i quitting 'cos i want to or because someone else wants me to??

I like smoking, to me it's so VERY film noir in spite of me not being french, nor in black and white. Also i take a lot of comfort form the idea that smoking'll kill me LONG before the alzheimers that runs in the males of my family makes me lose my marbles so very slowly and publicly.

My advice to everyone wanting to quit is you actually DO have to want to, because otherwise you'll just find excuses to start again.

So thereyougothen Wink

xxx

I enjoy smokin too Wink for the relaxation factor tho and totally agree on the why not thing we all gonna die at some stage ..so what if its cigarettes IMO ....if only they didn't stink tho :frown:

Phil! Wrote:I enjoy smokin too Wink for the relaxation factor tho and totally agree on the why not thing we all gonna die at some stage ..so what if its cigarettes IMO ....if only they didn't stink tho :frown:

Well, Phil, it's a bit like the Aids argument... why not just catch it and die little by little in excrutiating pain? Not something I would advocate. Why do you young people think that your health is not important? What makes you think that you won't regret it some day? Identically, why don't you just cut your leg off and wobble away to work? Smoking may be relaxing (there are other relaxing techniques, you know) and 'cool' but it is a poison and lung or throat cancer are definitely uncool. I don't understand this slow death wish.

Dood i'm not advocatin smokin or painfull death Wink it's summit i enjoy doin a (guilty pleasure) dyin youngs summits run in the family so growin olds not a given that and i worked in an old folks home (the mental health wards) and the condition of some of those folks make old age an unpleasant thought! So deaths not really owt i fear be it by smokin or otherwise!

I get your point... indeed. Growing old has its flaws too.

It has its good points too tho huh...the store of wisdom and experience etc i think growin old while both mentally and physically healthy is very dignified! Wink

i just quit smoking cigarettes a few hours ago. I smoked for a total of 7 yrs (on/off) I was up to a pack a day. I got a free trial of the nicotine patch so the only way i'll stop is if i use it.

I just woke up out of the blue from a bad dream of cigarettes, somehow i was dating a cigarette I don't know how or why but we were in love and someone lit her on fire. Sad I don't like girls so im not sure why it was a female cigarette and not a male. But anyways i guess it was scary enough to wake me up

i want t o quit so badly im thinking if i just put a cig in my mouth and pretend to be smoking maybe it will work

I want one right now Cry