Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So............what makes you, YOU????
What makes you, YOU?

In other words, what makes you the person who your friends like?
Someone who will people remember?
What is it that people/friends will say makes you who you are?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfMFDGX52mHhDzOer3GY2...kxW2zzihEw]

People claim they remember me for what a "nice" person I am (LOL). For my artistic abilities, for my cakes and pastries, and for my high organizational skills.

This is a good question. Have no idea if people will remember me.

I cannot say

I have no identity other than work..

I suppose that..work

mbennet35 Wrote:This is a good question. Have no idea if people will remember me.

Its not if people remember you, but what they say about you.

southbiochem Wrote:I cannot say

I have no identity other than work..

I suppose that..work

Oh, come on now..........aside from your bitch of whore boss, you must have heard people at some point talk about you............what did they say?

What do your parents/family/friends say????

they would say that I'm caring, generous and loyal. If they ever needed me, I was there.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The way people view me is completely different from how I view myself.

Apparently I was intimidating to those I met most recently. Some people might still feel that way, which is why they still don't really talk to me. Those who decided to break the ice found out that I'm just really quiet and reserved, which is the real reason I don't really go out of my way to be outgoing and openly friendly. The friends I have now stuck around because I'm really accepting of them and very nonjudgmental. It's really easy for them to be themselves around me instead of the masks they have to wear around the rest of society. Meanwhile, I still wear my figurative mask around everyone else.

VileKyle Wrote:The way people view me is completely different from how I view myself.

Apparently I was intimidating to those I met most recently. Some people might still feel that way, which is why they still don't really talk to me. Those who decided to break the ice found out that I'm just really quiet and reserved, which is the real reason I don't really go out of my way to be outgoing and openly friendly. The friends I have now stuck around because I'm really accepting of them and very nonjudgmental. It's really easy for them to be themselves around me instead of the masks they have to wear around the rest of society. Meanwhile, I still wear my figurative mask around everyone else.

Yeah, thats kind of the way I am too. Thats why I dont have "fake" friends like my sister does. She's super friendly and will let anybody hang around her and calls them friends. I cant do that. If they are not real human beings, I dont want them around me.

Thats how the few real friends I do have, have stuck with me for so many years.

I was living with my sister once, and a couple of her co-workers "met" me once, and apparently the news around the office was that I was a huge asshole, since Im not like my sister, and act like everybody is my BFF. I said HI to them, and went on my way...which I guess, makes me a HUGE asshole.

Anyway...one of her co-workers called for her one day, and I answered the phone. The woman asked if my sister was there, and I told her she was not in from work yet. Then there was this long pause.......then she said "I dont want to offend you, but you dont sound like a huge asshole at all".

I laughed and could only imagine what my sister said to these people.

I asked the woman why she said that, and she said it was rumored around the office that I was a huge asshole, because I didnt "talk" to so and so, when I was introduced to them.

I laughed. I didnt know what to say to that, so I just told her I would let my sister know she called.

I told my sister about that when she got home, and she said "yeah, I tried to explain that you are somebody you have to get to know, before you get to KNOW...otherwise you are a wallflower".

Which is pretty much dead on, for a description of me.

The day the local city hall goes up in a Blaze of Glory, or the Courthouse, or Federal Building my neighbors, family and friends will recall that I was such a 'quiet man'.

Yeah I know, I post such lengthy verbose replies to shit on these forums, in real life I barely cough out a sentence for a whole day, let alone expound on a single subject for paragraphs.

My unwillingness (inability, I have pathological speech problems, such as not being able to find words when I need them, and I stutter when emotionally excited) is often confused with the notion that I actually am a good listener.

Fact is I rarely actually want to hear the problems of others, or have them crying on my shoulder or confessing their horrible crimes against God, Nature and Human Law. I sit/stand through it because I just can't find a good way to tell a person that their life is actually pretty pathetic and I would kill them if I felt that their troubles were actually worth the price of a bullet to off them....

So most people will tell you I'm a compassionate, caring person who listens - little do they know that in reality I wish they would all shut the fuck up and leave me alone.

People also assume I'm a giving spirit, because I give people so much shit. The reality is I live by the philosophy 'Give them what they want and they will go away'. It works enough to where I still give people stuff and they do go away... for a while.

So what people will tell you about be is mostly wrong.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The day the local city hall goes up in a Blaze of Glory, or the Courthouse, or Federal Building my neighbors, family and friends will recall that I was such a 'quiet man'.

Yeah I know, I post such lengthy verbose replies to shit on these forums, in real life I barely cough out a sentence for a whole day, let alone expound on a single subject for paragraphs.

My unwillingness (inability, I have pathological speech problems, such as not being able to find words when I need them, and I stutter when emotionally excited) is often confused with the notion that I actually am a good listener.

Fact is I rarely actually want to hear the problems of others, or have them crying on my shoulder or confessing their horrible crimes against God, Nature and Human Law. I sit/stand through it because I just can't find a good way to tell a person that their life is actually pretty pathetic and I would kill them if I felt that their troubles were actually worth the price of a bullet to off them....

So most people will tell you I'm a compassionate, caring person who listens - little do they know that in reality I wish they would all shut the fuck up and leave me alone.

People also assume I'm a giving spirit, because I give people so much shit. The reality is I live by the philosophy 'Give them what they want and they will go away'. It works enough to where I still give people stuff and they do go away... for a while.

So what people will tell you about be is mostly wrong.

What Bowyn is trying to say, in so many paragraphs............
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKGIP56ips3FDyqDLXAd1...QkxZbZZ4bA]