Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereotypes
LJay Wrote:So I take it, Anocxu, that your stereotype is that of a quitter since you only got halfway through the job and gave up.
Lmao..
Pretty much...

When I dress to go out...I am usually seen as a very conservative, preppy, clean cut guy. However, I do have those days when I go out from the house or from the gym dressed in sweats or baggy jeans (not low sag so to speak)..I wear a hoodie over my head which I've noticed that some people tend to look at me with strange looks as if I am looking for trouble or up to no good. This I find to be very stereotypical due to the fact that I do love wearing hoodies from time to time but its also interesting how those who stares at me tend to take the look to a level that is not accurate.

kjames Wrote:I'm a south-paw. When people notice they always imply that I am either super creative or an evil doer... of course none of this is true.

Whats a south-paw?

Emiliano, a southpaw is a person who is left handed. In Latin, the word for left is sinister and that has gotten linked up with left handed people and bad behavior, thus sinister means bad. Go figure.
I bid NO Trump!

South paw = left handed

Stereotypes that fit....

Let's see......Italian stereotype......no Italian food is as good as my mom's.

NJ - Drive like a maniac, identify by the exit on the parkway near my home, and no better bagels anywhere. Breakfast is bagel with taylor ham and cheese.

gay - Love disco music, and bow before the altar of Madonna. Smile
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

a southpaw is a person who uses their left hand to masturbate.

LJay Wrote:Emiliano, a southpaw is a person who is left handed. In Latin, the word for left is sinister and that has gotten linked up with left handed people and bad behavior, thus sinister means bad. Go figure.

Ah ok, I've never heard south paw before. But I have heard about the stigma against left handed people.

CellarDweller Wrote:NJ - Drive like a maniac, identify by the exit on the parkway near my home, and no better bagels anywhere. Breakfast is bagel with taylor ham and cheese.

As a stereotypical New Yorker I have to question that statement about bagels.

Virge - it wont let me quote you for some reason, but im glad that such specific definitions exist. Its important we label these things.

JohnSomebody Wrote:When I dress to go out...I am usually seen as a very conservative, preppy, clean cut guy. However, I do have those days when I go out from the house or from the gym dressed in sweats or baggy jeans (not low sag so to speak)..I wear a hoodie over my head which I've noticed that some people tend to look at me with strange looks as if I am looking for trouble or up to no good. This I find to be very stereotypical due to the fact that I do love wearing hoodies from time to time but its also interesting how those who stares at me tend to take the look to a level that is not accurate.
Supporting Treyvon ...
Or maybe the inner thug in you is climbing out...
Grrrrr!