Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop with the insults.
I'm glad that we have opened the dialogue for this, this was my second intent of opening this thread. Everyone here is very diverse and have a huge range of experience and opinion, we need to embrace that. Debates are good as long as they don't degrade into petty name calling and throwing insults around. We need to be able to be a community, to be united, as we know that we are already in a group that has so much hate turned toward us. Lets just move forward and keep GS the amazing place it is!

Thanks guys for your responses and discussion!

lol... Having mods can be a good thing but also a bad thing because being a moderator you can make loads of friends but also loose many... I have this problem in real life because i am a nasty traffic warden mincing round brighton with a usual motto... You got five minutes!!!!! lol Actually i dont think im that bad but i have lost friends when ive either ticketed them or towed them away but hey they dont pay my wage!

As a driver who gets very annoyed by people parking on double yellow lines, etc. I am very thankful to traffic wardens. See, you are not entirely unappreciated.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

jbrowder24 Wrote:The One u just called fat? She has been starving herself & she has lost over 30lbs. The One u just called stupid? She has a learning disability & studies over 4hrs a night. The One you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The One you just tripped? She is abused enough at home. PUT THIS AS YOUR STATUS IF YOU ARE AGAINST BULLYING

I think even when it doesn't come to bullying but just interacting with other people, especially on forums like this where you don't truly know someone, it's a good idea to remember that there is other stuff going on in their life that may be shaping why they are coming to a board to ask a question, or for the regulars, if they're a bit moody that day, etc.

:

Thanks for posting that Josh!

fredv3b Wrote:As a driver who gets very annoyed by people parking on double yellow lines, etc. I am very thankful to traffic wardens. See, you are not entirely unappreciated.

You need to visit brighton then on 14th August when gay pride is on... Your see 400,000 motorists coming to town and then they all abandon cars and people like me have ALOT of work to do lol As long as the sun shines ill be happy as i dont go to pride as i get a 2 hour lunch break at work on this day and get to watch the floats anyhow

I think the interaction on this forum is great, and will remain so. Not everyone is going to agree with everyone else's opinions, the world would be a boring place if that were the norm, but as long as we can approach each others views with respect and civility then our community spirit will prevail.

I just wish the internet had come along abit sooner when I was a teenager in need of answers :biggrin:

ive never known people abuse others on here and im happy to have missed these insulting posts, just hope the offenders get the message that we as a community will not tollerate it in the board, many people join GS and the first thing they post is how friendly we all are to new comers and thats is why they decide to stay - lets hope we havn't lost any members due to reading insults

And ya know, I do like Virgin. I don't want to see him go again and go away permanently. :\ This forum has been pretty good with open-minded folks and I would hate to see it all crumble due to some insensitive comments.

jbrowder24 Wrote:Thanks Beaux; I know the original poster didn't intend any of this to me and didn't feel you were either, but it appears my reply which was meant in good intention bothered Simon, which in turn made me feel like he was taking me out of context. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought up my experience with my dad in the other thread. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought up my experiences with television forums in this thread. Maybe I'm not very good at expressing myself at times, but relating my own experiences is how I best know how to relate in threads like this, and I related my experiences. I apologize if I read too much into his response.

I am aware of the two posters. One I haven't had interaction with to have an opinion about. The other, between seeing the poster's age and the context of the question, I just felt there was more background and though that poster's responses definitely could have been a lot better, I was also disappointed in the quickness to judge.

Perhaps I'm at times also too idealistic in hoping people don't judge. And to me, there IS a difference between giving a differing opinion and making somebody feel judged because their opinions differ. That's not to say I don't ever judge either, we're all human and I know I definitely dislike the tea party and such, but I do try to not judge people on a personal level in person or on forums like this or the TV one I visit unless they have specific responses to me/interactions with me.

again you say you should maybe have gone anon,I fail to see how that would have stopped comments?

your post didn't bother me,all I was trying to do was point out why I felt I could post comments on your post but I guess you are misunderstanding me,no where in that post do I judge you but if you want to see it that way, then ok,the reason I posted how I did in this thread was to clear the air but it seems it's not helped,I will no long post any comments or post on your threads as again me commenting on your posts has been taken in the wrong way and I get accused of twisting your meaning, I think we two have gone passed the point of return,maybe with time you can look back on those posts and see how they were meant.

I think everyone should just have a hug.... This isnt the place and never the time to build a grudge.. I mean if there was ever some sort of forum union moment and everyone wanted to go it would be spoilt by the fact that conflicts were caused on the forum lol... If you ever say something that you feel people may take offense to its best to possibly do a Tongue that way its just ment in a jokey way lol its what I do on here as id be mortified if i ever offended anyone Smile