Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight or Gay
It's more general than that
Gay is being more successful in a same sex relationship sex or not,

May I weigh in on this?

I think that sex is only one part of the whole same sex answer,

Mental compatability, attraction to the physique of a man, and sexual attraction complete the full picture. The degree of each of these then determins our placing on the scale, which by the way, may not remain constant during our life time.

Trial by error

I wouldn't say it makes him gay, but I'd certainly say it makes him not straight Tongue

I'd say by the point you're willing to have sex with someone of the same gender, you're at least partially bisexual - even if only to a small extent.

Surely the sexual act can be about power and dominance rather than just sex? In ancient times it was common for the victors in battle to rape the vanquished, and I don't suppose they really fancied their hairy arses much. They just wanted to humiliate them.

Spellbound Wrote:The prison issue is a good one. Men want to have sex, and if there are only guys available, well, guys it will have to be. They are definately not gay, and see their victims as women substitutes. It's Men and Punks, and nothing to do with homosexuality.

I was just going to say the same thing. The vast majority of prison sex between males is nothing short of rape, it is about power and dominance. Therefore I do not see the act as having any bearing on the offender's sexuality, but it most certainly does make them rapists. Actual gay men in prisons are major targets for sexual assault and more often than not end up in protective custody.

I guess my view of being gay or straight is fairly liberal, I feel that anyone can have sex with anyone at any time, but that they are only gay if they say so. I view being gay as an identity, one which we can only label ourselves. If someone is particularly open sexually but claims that they are heterosexual, who am I to say that they're not merely kinky?

AppleGeek Wrote:If a man has reoccurring sex with another man is he gay?
Yes or no

Yes.....!!!!!

Good one, Rosie. Confusedmile:

Well, gay and straight are a feeling, or way of being in yourself, not an action or behaviour... after all, many gay people have straight relationships and sex throughout years of secrecy, sadly. So this behaviour wouldn't mean a guy was gay necessarily. Just, probably. There may not be a huge amount of reasons for a straight guy to have gay sex multiple times but surely there are some!

I voted for option #1 but I really think we worry about labels too much sometimes.

While sexuality is still considered tabooish, i would insist that they be considered gay as a way to normalise the mentality.

After that I would argue that true sexuality should be based more on the emotional connection and who you are attracted to as a life partner. Who you sleep with is irrelevant.