Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best And The Worst.
What was the best thing that happened to you today?.

What was the worst thing to happen to you today?.

Just another thread to get us socializing..

best thing, an invite to lunch tomorrow.

Worst thing....morning traffic to work.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The best..
Completed a late order..

Worst..
Clients Forgetting appointments no matter how many times you remind them..

Worst thing: laundry day...and I spilled the laundry soap so that I had a huge mess to clean up and my hands felt greasy for about an hour.

Best thing: hugged by a 12-year-old boy "just because."

I'm proud of how he's become so self-confident yet nice, polite but not spineless and will assert himself as he feels he must (which are usually for understandable reasons). I think of him as like Harry Potter in that way, strong without being obnoxious about it, affectionate without being clingy or manipulative about it. I worry about when he starts to rebel but his older sister didn't rebel that much so maybe I'll get lucky with him as well.

Not sure what to think of it: out running errands earlier today I saw some buggies of the store I was going to and as used to be a habit of mine I tried to take them with me, but they now have an electronic lock on them (have for awhile now) that after a certain distance the wheels will lock into place. I have no idea how people managed to get those buggies as far from the stores as they did (I presume some jury rigging to temporarily counter the wheel locks, or maybe forcing kids to help, though some did look abandoned in frustration), it was too hard for me to drag them back.

So as I got to the store I happened to catch a guy who has worked there for many years and I told him about it and how until they put those locks on them I'd bring the buggies back I saw when I walked over and was curious now if they lost less buggies now than they did before.

He says yes, it has made a big difference. Which means far more people were taking buggies than people like me bringing them back as we found them. In a way that's depressing, OTOH it comforts me that I'm not some cold, clinical person without empathy that some people on the internet like to say I am (and some people in real life actually say much worse, but they barely know me and it's kind of funny sometimes).

Ominous thought: day is still young, maybe better Confusedmile: ...and worse :eek:...is in store for me! Hope I didn't jinks myself, OTOH, hope I helped something even better happen later on! Rolleyes

Best:
I gave a tour for a group of developmentally disabled and emotionally disturbed teenagers at work today. I could tell the students had a great experience, and afterwords one of the teachers told me that typically museums don't know how to accommodate and work with their group, but she thought this was the by far the best field trip they had ever taken. A nice reminder of why I feel so strongly about my job.

Worst:
Not something bad that happened to me, but it did bother me. I saw a young woman being really rude to an older older on the subway on my way home from my other job about having to give up her seat. Inconsiderate people really bother me.

Worst thing:after work I had to buy $100 worth of prescription drugs for my grandmother then found out the ac was leaking and shortly after my sisters idoit bf managed to hit the wires for the unit killing the power to the ac.

Best: fortunately it was an easy fix for the ac and I got to surprise my grandmother with a cake and card for her b-day.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

BEST: My work out at the gym. It was fucking AWESOME... third day this week, third awesome workout this week; sixth awesome WEEK of workouts in a row!

WORST: Fuck all if I know; seriously can't think of a god-damned thing. I went to work for a few hours (normally I'm off on Wednesdays) but that's a good thing cuz I need the money and we're in the midst of a huge project. Damn, I'm trying to think. OH... I know, well, it isn't that bad but, yeah....

I have a mild case of arthritis in my right shoulder. I just found out about this a month or so ago. It has been hurting a bit for months and I'd stopped lifting heavy because of it, fearing it was some connective tissue damage. However, I finally got it together to see this VERY good sports orthopedist for a diagnosis. He did the tests and said, "well, yeah, the good news is, you've a slight arthritis; the bad news is you've got a slight arthritis." The good part is, according to this guy who is works with professional athletes, I can lift as heavy as I can fucking STAND, the bad news is, it is just going to hurt, that's all.

OK, so how this ties in with today. The Dr. suggested I heat my shoulder with an electric heating pad before I go to the gym and ICE it immediately after. So I have a cold bag, a couple icy jell packs, and a shoulder harness that holds the packs on my shoulder. I take all this crap with me to the gym and strap it on after my workout. It seems to be helping a lot.

WELL, today, damn nag it, I had packed the jell packs in my back pack but a plumb FORGOT to pack the shoulder harness. No huge BFD, though, as today was heavy LEG day... almost no shoulder work at all... so, meh.

Best: getting down a couple pages of the book I'm writing.

Worst: my partner is traveling for work and that sucks. I miss him.

A little of both: today was the last day of a work conference I attended all week. I made a lot of great new contacts and learned a ton. The sad part is it's over and I have to get back to my regular job tomorrow. I do love my job, but conferences are so much fun.

The best thing today... getting up at 4:30 as usual then deciding to sneak back to bed and just be there half awake, thinking while snuggling until 6 am.

The worst thing today my business partner coming in the house at 6 am singing the circus there song at the top of his lungs ranting about getting some freaky circus sex tonight... and listening to being stupid until 8 am.

Anocxu Wrote:What was the best thing that happened to you today?.

What was the worst thing to happen to you today?.

Just another thread to get us socializing..

Worst thing - I'm getting tested for non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Doctor has ruled out many other things. There are two other things on the list which are not happier.

The best thing is I have been informed I'm getting a housing voucher tomorrow.

THAT means I will get a place to stay in less than a month, first month rent, first, last, deposits are paid and I will be charged only 30% of my income which currently is 30% of $245 a month - until Social Security Disability comes through, which if I have the Lymphoma will be in less than 6 months.

Friday I get my test results back, and Friday I get a list of potential housing places. However the place I am staying at wants to wait to see what my test results are before I pick a place since I might have to go into assisted living.

So good news and bad news - I guess.....Facepalm