Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Gay community" is SAD.
I agree with you Andre, for a community that seeks acceptance, we can't accept each other. Gays are the most discriminate group of people that I know, we have more prejudices than most. We judge each other by looks, age, masc/fem, height, weight, race, religion, income and physical ability. I have maybe 4 gay friends, the rest are too bitchy to "allow" me in to their clique.

We hate other gays more than the rest of the world hates us.

Hello Andre and Spades,
I agree with both of you with how you feel. And we realize it's not true of everyone of course and goes for so many scenes/clubs/cultures.... But I am feeling the same way it seems as both of you are!

I just wanted both of you to know that and not feel alone in your feelings Grommit

Another thought Andre and Spade,
Just a side note about Andre's original message and thoughts....You were just expressing how you feel and sometimes it is that way in certain places, times, circumstances...etc.

It's almost like talking about politics (which I don't really do) because everyone has there own opinions and some would take offense to a statement or favoring a politician or president. haha!
Big Grin

I dont understand why the gay community can be so nasty towards itself. I wouldnt go out and try and get with a fat guy but if he sparked conversation with me I wouldn't put him down or try and hurt his feelings. If he got to the point where he tried to go more than a friendly discussion I would nicely decline. But its this way with the straight community to I've watched a guy put a girl down so hard she ran away crying because she had slight acne (she was pretty even from the gay perspective). So this judgement of looks is in everyone whether your gay or straight. It's just our pool of options is smaller so it seems people jump on people that are not in their league and end up hurting themselves emotionally when they are put down. I'm a strong believer of staying within ur league so nobody is hurt in the end. It just seems we have more judging options from whether ur masc/fem, thin or thick, etc... then the straight judgements.

I used to be like that and care what others did to people around me and I tried to help or make it stop but it never worked and I just got hurt for doing it so now you have to be one of my own or I'll ignore anything that happens to you because it's not my problem.

If I'm fighting with you and for you you're one of my own and there aren't very many of us if you aren't one of us then it's not my problem and not my concern and I'm better off staying out of it because we aren't going to make people be good and moat people really don't know good form evil anyway so let then do what they do and keep their silly ideas about how people are and what's important.

I disagree. Not standing up empowers people who hurt others. I know that it takes courage, but standing up is always the right thing to do. When you stand up for someone else, you stand up for yourself!

Another great video about taunting and bullying from the SFPD.

AeMr Wrote:Hello, been a long time since I've posted anything but I have A LOT on my mind. A lot of things have come to my attention especially today.

But let me get into the topic... I'm Andre btw, I'm 19 almost 20, but who cares?

Anyways, what I'm have to talk about is "gay culture" and why it just repulses me. And I'm a gay myself. So no homophobia here, just certain things I see in the gay community that just really bother me.

First off. Appearance: It saddens me to see how shallow and basic some of us can be. Here in Atlanta the scene is horrible and how well a person is treated is based on their appearance. If you fit in to the categories of twink or athletic, or whatever stupid fucking sub-category then you are put on a pedestal and are praised. AND for what? For being fucking attractive. It's crazy. A few weeks ago I was so infuriated when I seen this skinny gay guy putting another gay guy down for being fat. It really pissed me off. Who was he to talk down to him because of how he looked? The dude was practically in tears and what made it even worse NO ONE said anything! Not a single word. I admit I didn't say anything either because it wasn't my business and I was all the across the room from them. But this bother me A LOT. If it isn't hard enough to be accepted as gay, now you have to be accepted in the gay community as well. This is sad.

Another thing that bothers me, Attitudes: Never in my life had I seen people be so pretentious towards another. It's almost like putting a room full of women in a room together and the "prettier" ones click and judge and criticize the less appealing or average looking guys. I've experienced firsthand when I went to a gay club with my friend (and he wondered why I never go to gay clubs). Why must we categorize ourselves, as if we aren't categorized and ostracized enough by people of the non-gay community. Judging other gay people for what they have, their status quo, and appearance makes us just as bad.

Lastly, I don't understand why masculine is femininity is SUCH a big deal. Some of us are more butch and some of us are just queens. It doesn't matter. At the end of the day were all people and whether some us like to play football or wear foundation, NO one has the right to judge or criticize the next person. Personally, I'm pretty straight-acting but I don't have a problem with more feminine guys. I don't really have any gay friends at all and not because I don't want any. I just can't really relate to a lot of the gay guys here in Atlanta. You either have really flamboyant guys or discreet guys who want to appear straight as an arrow. It's like they don't mix and there isn't an in between. It's either or, which I don't get. I'm still kind of new to really starting to get out in the gay scene more but from what I've seen. I'm not sure I want. I'd rather be the gay friend to all my straight friends who never judge me and love me the way I am then be categorized twink, bear, otter, or some stupid fucking name.

At the END of the day, we're GAY. but that's all I have to say. I just really had to vent and I couldn't keep all this too myself. Haha. But feel free to comment and tell me how you guys feel and what are some of your experiences. Confusedmile:

And incase anyone wonder if I have a face. Well... I haven't posted enough to post a picture. O__o

So here's my instagram: AhhMrr
also here my Twitter if you care, I'm pretty nice: @AeMr

I think maybe you have "community" confused with "culture", in which case I would agree with you.

In my opinion, accepting this as "gay culture" and doing nothing could lead others to believe that this is the standard that most (or all) gay people live up to. Maybe its time to make a stand and let those ignorant people know they're wrong in they judgements of other gay people instead of telling it to others and doing nothing.

It's not something that is exclusive to gay people either, I just think those people have self esteem issues and feel like being given everything on a plate will make things better for them and since they don't have it they're going to put others down.

I totally agree with you on all of it, except one point.

Ive been preaching this for years, to nothing but "deaf ears".

Gay Bashers dont have anywhere near the capacity of vileness, hatred, and despicability as gays have to each other.

And why? Because (here is the exceptional point for me) NOBODY SAYS ANYTHING! And YES, it IS your business if you dont speak up, because you've just allowed some shitbag to get away with it......showing them that you allow this and tolerate this.....so they will go on doing it, which spreads to others as brainless and unfeeling as they are.

In other words, you are letting a disease spread. Forget AIDS, these worthless pieces of crap are the REAL gay disease!!! And its just going to keep on spreading unless you stand up against it.

Everybodys cop out is always "its not my business". IT IS YOUR BUSINESS.
And if you cant be bothered to DO anything about it, then you have NO right SAYING anything about it, much less complaining about it!

What if the person they made feel like shit, went home and committed suicide? Then you and all those other people who say "its none of my business" are all accessories to suicide.

Is that something you want to live with?

I have learned to be one smart assed, muthafreekin, sarcastic S.O.B. Not because of being gay, but because of all the human garbage in this country.....gay and straight alike. It has served me well, and I have sharpened my skills to a razor sharp slicing machine. For as degrading and belittling as somebody is trying to make me feel, it gets thrown back in thier face 100 times over and 1000 times LOUDER!!

Its fun to see them run off and hide in a dark corner!!!

At the very least, you could have went over to the person being maligned and given a little hug or shoulder squeeze, and made sure that they know that not all of gay society is like that.