Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Question
This is a sociology question someone asked me some years back. It's an interesting question to say the least. I thought I would post this and see where it goes.....

The Question:

Aliens from another world visit Earth. They are friendly, and similar to us in most all aspects, and two centuries more advanced than we are. They have conquered all diseases, illnesses, and petty excuses for people hating each other.

These aliens are only here for one day, as they are seekers of other planets with "intelligent" life, and seek out to make the universe a more friendly place.

The head alien has decided that they will offer the humans on Earth, The Question.
They only do this for certain civilizations. Humans on Earth only have by the end of the day to make this decision.

The Question is this -- The aliens will give the humans on Earth the means and technology to cure all diseases, get rid of our aggressions and petty differences, in order to all be happy and live in harmony. But this comes at a price. We, the humans of Earth, have to give up to the aliens, one race of humans in order to get these benefits from them.

Which race do we give up?

Can the race to supremacy be the race we give up, or is that cheating?

This question made me feel innately racist. If a question that the world leaders get to decide, undoubtedly they would either not choose to answer, or choose a less politically and financially powerful race of people, such as the middle easterns or perhaps the Africans... certainly not a white race anyway. If a demographic question, the former might still be true, but the world as a demographic whole is racially more diverse than the races in power.

It is an interesting question. To consider whether where leaders would even dare to answer said question, and the political process that would occur in deciding on a race would be interesting.

Knowing what the aliens would do to the race might affect the decision making process. Personally, I feel that such an advanced race of creatures wouldn't necessarily harm a race, but this is outside of what your question asked.

If humans are willing to give up one of their races, are they really worthy of what the "aliens" have to offer?

And here's me slowly backing away from this thread....

I would have to tell them to get back in their space ship and get off this planet.
I would want anyone who chooses a race to go with them.

Race has no basis in biology. Surely these advanced aliens would understand this fact about Homo sapiens sapiens.

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04...-01-07.htm

Lets just hope that they dont ask the Radical Anti-West Muslims, i would be alien gay/western austin - Shish Kabob.

This thread's responses give me hope for the future.

That's how the aliens will start world war three.

We nuke ourselves to death within hours, and the aliens get free land water and resources.

It's all part of their master plan.

I volunteer the white race to improve the lot for humanity. I know, such a strange twist of fate, for the first time in history the whites do something that actual improves life on earth.