Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The richest man in the world is..........?
Someone who many people have never heard of:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/amancio-or...ime-off-15
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

All the best to him for building up his business but to have a personal wealth of $79.5 is just fucking obscene - imagine the suffering and starvation that lot could ease , turns my stomach how 1% of the population have 99.9% of the wealth - the odds are probably even more disgusting than that I bet

I get the feel that this guy is a bit greedy... I know a lot of people don't particularly like Bill Gates or Microsoft but Bill has given away much of his fortune through philanthropy... The article doesn't mention whether he gives back. I mean after all what can you do with 78 billion besides buy more businesses and make more billions. Just because you're modest doesn't mean you're good, a lot of people have wealth because they are very frugal and greedy...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

*Frowning as he tries to figure out why this guy looks so familiar.*

He could solve alot of the world's problems with those resources, save alot of lives. And you know he wont, he'll keep hoarding it in accounts just to watch the numbers go up.

Then when he croaks his spoilt brat kids will inherit it all and spend most of the money on lambos, drugs and golddiggers.

It's just capitalism. People will get richer and richer. Why criticize the system when these people earn what they got by working and building up their companies. At the end of the day. We as consumers buy their products and earn them money, they were just lucky and made something that everyone wanted.

bryyzy Wrote:It's just capitalism. People will get richer and richer. Why criticize the system when these people earn what they got by working and building up their companies. At the end of the day. We as consumers buy their products and earn them money, they were just lucky and made something that everyone wanted.

Because the world is going to hell in a hand-cart famine, drought, gross poverty, a mass extinction event, climate change and pollution. And god knows how many other looming disasters that I'm not even aware of.

Meanwhile this system funnels the planets resources into the hands of a few people who for the most part do nothing at all with it.

I mean take this guy, the clothes he sells are made in third world sweatshops by people living in crippling poverty, earning less than a dollar a day. He could easily afford to pay those people a decent local wage, he wouldn't even miss the money, it would be chump change to him.
But he doesn't so instead tens of thousands will continue to suffer appauling lives.

Capitalism does reward hard work and ingenuity but it also rewards ruthless cruelty. In big business it pays to be callous. That's a big problem for everyone because it means that, for most part the people with the resources and the expertise to actually fix socities problems just don't give a fuck.

It's hard to imagine how such a huge sum of money could change the world.

More Elon Musk, less Donald Trump.