Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"There's a lot wrong with the world. Can we agree on that?"

Dare I say, "Discuss"? ...

In any case, Now, here's Tom with the weather ...

Uhm.. Thanks for sharing.. I think..

My initial thought...

I was semi convinced in the Bush years that Britney Spears and Paris Hilton were on their payroll because anything something that was actually important happened the front page story was about one of those two dimwits....

...and while I want to blame the top 1% who want to make the rest of us slaves...I instead blame the SILENCE of the people who don't vote...don't speak up...and go along with all the intentional disinformation and bullshit they are being fed. It is the fault of every single person who did nothing...who said nothing...who let it happen.

SILENCE=DEATH

I will forever be stunned at how easily they managed to make everyone swallow the 911 crap.....

...never gonna get past that one...

The precedent that was set...and the lowering of the bar...is scary as fuck.....

I am glad I am old.

Interesting how differently we think.
I thought about stuff like fossil fuels, while you think politics.

I'm going out in the morning and adopt puppies at the animal shelter before I go brush up on my Enhanced Interrogation Techniques using kittens.

It's going to be warm tomorrow. I may even have time to write some poetry and put up new curtains.

Cuddly Wrote:Interesting how differently we think.
I thought about stuff like fossil fuels, while you think politics.

I think everything is about politics...unfortunately.,..I wish it wasn't that way but that ship has sailed long ago IMO....

My bottom line at what is wrong with the world beyond politics....

I pretty much think humanity is a plague on the earth...and hopefully nature will correct that soon.....it always does.....and it better hurry before we destroy the entire planet. I think this whole thing (civilization on earth) has happened many times before. I don't think we are worthy to be guests here any longer....

I know alot of people don't believe in God...and alot of people think God is a man in the sky.,..but I think "GOD" is more like Mother Earth because without her...we have NOTHING! Believe or don't believe what you like...but earth gives us all life and so she is GOD in a VERY REAL SENSE...and we pretty much suck.

How does that tie into politics?...the 1% rape her..for profit...and they never get enough. THAT is the real problem IMHO Smile

East Wrote:I pretty much think humanity is a plague on the earth...and hopefully nature will correct that soon.....it always does.....and it better hurry before we destroy the entire planet. I think this whole thing (civilization on earth) has happened many times before. I don't think we are worthy to be guests here any longer....

I know alot of people don't believe in God...and alot of people think God is a man in the sky.,..but I think "GOD" is more like Mother Earth because without her...we have NOTHING! Believe or don't believe what you like...but earth gives us all life and so she is GOD in a VERY REAL SENSE...and we pretty much suck.

How does that tie into politics?...the 1% rape her..for profit...and they never get enough. THAT is the real problem IMHO Smile

On that we agree. Although I think the 99.9% rape her for profit. We get power and heat by destroying her, we make housing by destroying her, we deface her with our garbage and we keep using oil as if it was in endless supply and without alternative options.
If the 1% got together, they could decide to power the entire world by sunlight in 2020 or earlier.
Imagine if the money put into war was put into protecting the environment, by stopping deforestation, improving waste-management and utilizing renewable energy...

I genuinly feel that politics, bigotry and wars are luxuries that our race cannot currently afford. We can start voting for presidents, gay marriages and the right to wear burqa when we've brought the ecosystem back on track.

I'm more inclined to see that there is a lot right with the world, and do not impute virtue to life simply because it is non-human. A great deal of those we politically oppose love Nature every bit as much as we do. Many of my politically and socially progressive friends shop at green stores, but then don't recycle, don't conserve energy, don't avoid bottled water, etc.

All species experience overpopulation when conditions favor them. Let a little ice age return, or an epidemic "correct" human expansion a bit, and our weight may be lessened upon the soil.

We should not despise our own. It is our privilege to make the world a better place and to work to lead others in the right directions. The ship is turned by degrees. It needs a captain. Be that man. It is easier to give up, but we don't need to do the easy thing.

Population control needs to return to the common conversation. Attenborough is right when he asserts that racial politics have made progressives cowards as they abandon the necessity of speaking up on it. That includes telling the first world to consume less, share more, but it also does mean breeding like rodents must stop. We all have changes that must be made.

Sadly, His Royal Highness is also featured prominently, and being a billionaire is inherently a contributing factor to the exploitation of the planet. The lecture is not short, but Attenborough's words are wise, as always. I am already missing him and he is yet among us. (The link afterward is the longer version which includes questions and answers that followed the lecture. It is 75 mins., but quite good.)