Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK youth unemployment in the spotlight
You make a very good argument cloud999, however, 'Austerity Measures', cutting back on public sector employment and expecting the private sector to pick up the slack is the economics of the mad house. Don't cut jobs when there are no immediate prospect of jobs to fill those jobs lost. Create youth training give those enforced idle hands something to do, if that great President Franklin D. Roosevelt, could do it with his 'New Deal' (1933 and 1936) why not now????

Hello,
To me i am not a voter, I am not a tolerator or anything else to do with goverment... I dont join protests yet i dont like what they do... I find that the goverment in the UK fail to bring their words of wisdom... In some cases the rich benefit better tha\n the poor which is wrong in so many levels... I think the rich and wealthy should be taxed more considerably more to help aid this country to its feet... The goverment should step into all our banks and demand the sacking of every fat cat which has received a over the top payout for bringing the UK to a shit state... Because of this goverment and its preachy bollocks people are running out of money, People are being thrown onto the streets and loosing their life savings in a property they wanted... This goverment has been in power so little yet caused so so much... The goverment needs to address itself if it wants to help in this world... In the UK there are majority poor and poverty by uk standards yet the rich get helped... I feel it is getting time to get the goverment party out... If they dont and things get worse again could another riot be predicted????

Kindest regards

zeon x

Almac Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]You make a very good argument cloud999, however, 'Austerity Measures', cutting back on public sector employment and expecting the private sector to pick up the slack is the economics of the mad house. Don't cut jobs when there are no immediate prospect of jobs to fill those jobs lost. Create youth training give those enforced idle hands something to do, if that great President Franklin D. Roosevelt, could do it with his 'New Deal' (1933 and 1936) why not now???? [/COLOR]

Since when was the tax-payer responsible for employing people that the private sector doesn't want to employ?

Because it was a lot easier for the US Treasury to sell huge amounts of bonds then than it is for HM Treasury to do the same now.

Also the construction industry has significantly less unskilled jobs than it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

whats difference between tax payer and prifvate sector???

fredv3b Wrote:Since when was the tax-payer responsible for employing people that the private sector doesn't want to employ?

Because it was a lot easier for the US Treasury to sell huge amounts of bonds then than it is for HM Treasury to do the same now.

Also the construction industry has significantly less unskilled jobs than it did.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]Your argument is fundamentally flawed. Would you consign hundreds of thousands of unemployed to the scrap heap without a hope in hell of ever getting into the labour market again? A million youths who cannot find work, does not the private sector want them? The truth is, if we don't find employment for those less fortunate than ourselves than the tax payer ends up paying for their benefits, and please don't say they should not get benefits. In the majority of cases those losing their jobs or can't find meaningful employment are not at fault, unless you read such daily rags like the Express and Mail?

I'm not sure about your argument about the US Treasury, but one thing I do know, a creative mind in Government, sadly one does not exist in this lousy rich man's Government could come up with an idea to create training and the conditions for employment. Sadly there is no John Maynard Keynes amongst this load of rich dimwits.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've not argued against benefits. The idea that these young people will not get into the labour market is absurd. When the economy grows again more workers will be needed, and the ranks of the unemployed will fall.

Paying people to work instead of paying them so sit at home has merit.

You seem convinced that there is a good idea that you don't have but the government should have. I don't believe this great idea exists.

Fred

Fred there is always great people with great ideas, please bring them forward wherever they are hiding..!!!! If I had a great idea I would be rich...!

I fail to share your faith that everything has a solution.

Fred

fredv3b Wrote:I fail to share your faith that everything has a solution.

It does Fred, it certainly does..!

RespectRespect

Oh to live in such a perfect world!

Fred