Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentines Day
This thread has probably been done before, i dunno, i've not seen it.

So...Valentines day is coming up and to continue the trend of every year of my life so far i will be dateless, and more than likely without any form of male attention whatsoever (cue sympathy-lol).

I was wondering what hints and tips people have to stop me either a) drinking myself into oblivion or b) getting so depressed i just sit under my desk, rocking backwards and forwards crying lol. Whilst pretty much everyone i know will be out with their loved one/loved one to be...(except coincidently the guy i like, but who isnt interested).

This thread is sounding a bit depressing isn't it?
Invasion InvasionInvasion
There we go, the happy/sad balance is restored
J x

Well, my advice (since I'm in the same boat, and have been for every Valentine's day of my life) is just not even to acknowledge the day at all. Really, Valentine's day means nothing to me so long as I am alone.

Though I do have to admit, I hate watching my friends who are in relationships go all gushy this time of year. Bleh... that usually does me in for Valentine's day, watching all my straight couple friends make out...

XRIMO Wrote:Bleh... that usually does me in for Valentine's day, watching all my straight couple friends make out...

Since coming to Uni i also have a lot of gay friends who are couples, which adds an extra joy to see them all in love and making out lol.

I usually don't pay any attention to the day, because it's not really been a problem what with not being out before, i didnt expect anything to happen, but now i'm out kinda hoped someone may be interested...oh well

J x

Well for what it's worth, I've always viewed Valentine's Day as being somewhat massively overhyped. My partner isn't going to be here for Valentine's Day this year (and wasn't for last year as it happens), and we have a truce in place this year that we're not actually going to do anything, 'coz I think :-

1) If you're in a relationship, you shouldn't need an excuse to tell your partner you love them; and

2) If you're not in a relationship then you don't need all this "buy rolos and roses" pants shoved in your face, 'coz that just makes you feel worse ...

... so my advice for those of you that are single is just don't pay ANY attention to Valentine's Day (which is surely easier said than done - it's almost like saying ignore Christmas :redfaceSmile - you're better off not buying into it as it really is over-hyped and, in my opinion, a bit naff ...

... heh ... :frown:. Why do I now feel like a real party pooper ??? Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. If you're shy of things to do on Valentine's Day evening, nip onto the site - we're not doing anything specifically as far as I'm aware, but people will be on to natter to, and making new friendships - online or IRL - is as worthy a pastime as any Confusedmile:.

Thanks, i might just do that. I'm currently pondering the idea of gathering all the singles i know in Newcastle, and going out with them, in some form of Valentines protest lol...This plan is filled with flaws but you know. Any excuse for a night out will do for me :-D

:biggrin:.

If you want a laugh, you should check out ...

http://www.despair.com/

They do these negative love hearts called "Bittersweets" ... made me chuckle at any rate ...

In fact, the whole site is pretty funny - their demotivational posters are AMAZING.

As for your plan ? I LIKE IT !! You'd need some kinda banner (that's why despair.com popped into my head - they're good with things like that) ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Aha alone vals day here! But meh its just another day :biggrin:

Not to be depressed.. Hmm just think of it as an average day Wink
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

To be honest the thought of an average day doesn't perk me up too much either lol

newc_student_18 Wrote:To be honest the thought of an average day doesn't perk me up too much either lol

Aww how come? -Hugs
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Aww how come? -Hugs

Thanks *hugs back*
Erm no specific reason i guess, just not a lot exciting/interesting/happy/joyful been going on for the past month or so lol

J x