Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote
i done it. im worrid i done it wrong by acsident oh no

joseph Wrote:i done it. im worrid i done it wrong by acsident oh no

here in the USA we can always ask for help to make sure it is correct. Can you all do that there?

Cardy,

CardShark Wrote:I don't vote because to vote your name needs to be on the electron role, which is the 1st place people look to track someone down as the information is open to anyone.

CardShark Wrote:I just don't like the idea of people being able to pin point me easily.

Do you think that being off the electoral roll will be enough to discourage more than junk mail?

CardShark Wrote:I'm super paranoid about that, well not paranoid I just hate the idea of it.
Quite frankly when facial recognition enters CCTV cameras I'm outa here Roflmao, it should be banned its just as bad as cameras tracking your car.

Its sickening and shouldn't ever have been invented.

Given you feelings about CCTV, especially with facial and number plate recognition what are your feelings about the Mk 1 Eyeball?

CardShark Wrote:Even so I wouldn't vote because their is no one I like, or can agree with.

CardShark Wrote:And I can get around not having my name on the electrol role, by not voting I don't vote I don't care to vote and I wont vote in the future.
I don't trust anyone in the government, I never did and never will they've all screwed up our country in some ways and they've all helped it even if it was just a smile.

Since you clearly perceive a problem, and don't intend to do anything about it at the ballot box there are only two possibilities left. 1) Armed revolt 2) Whinging pointlessly on the internet.

CardShark Wrote:We don't know whats going on in the house of parlament, unless its things like "omg we're low on bog roll, quick mass produce more"

We know a great deal about what happens in Parliament, it is transcribed in great detail in Hansard. Expenses were one of the few things that were secret about Parliament. HM Government is an entirely different matter.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

If you don't know where you stand in the political landscape try this test.

The Political Compass - Test

fredv3b Wrote:Do you think that being off the electoral roll will be enough to discourage more than junk mail?
Considering the lack of privacy in things as comical as piracy, it leads me to believe where else is my privacy being broken, and quite frankly I like the fact I can hide certain footsteps of my life and slow people down.

fredv3b Wrote:Given you feelings about CCTV, especially with facial and number plate recognition what are your feelings about the Mk 1 Eyeball?
Lets be honest I'm not happy about anything that can track me, be it logging my movements throughout the day or just watching what I'm going, its not the fact I like to hide, its the fact that the ability of what they can do freaks me out.

fredv3b Wrote:Since you clearly perceive a problem, and don't intend to do anything about it at the ballot box there are only two possibilities left. 1) Armed revolt 2) Whinging pointlessly on the internet.
I don't intend to do anything because the political system is not going in my favor, and quite frankly I'm not happy in this country and never will be.
The less I know about politics the better, I don't give a shit I don't want to give a shit and quite frankly they make my blood boil.

I whine pointlessly on the internet because I can, I don't know enough about the political partys to say oh these do this these do this these don't do this etc.
But I have the ability to whine about the state of the country, ie CCTV and the lack of privacy.

fredv3b Wrote:We know a great deal about what happens in Parliament, it is transcribed in great detail in Hansard. Expenses were one of the few things that were secret about Parliament. HM Government is an entirely different matter.
I cannot begin to explain a lot of the things that go on in parlament the only reason things get passed is because no one is listening just like me no one cares enough, the system is full of errors that need to be fixed, I'm not one to fix it, and I don't want to waste my time indulging myself in what their babeling on about all day.
unless the policies get enough media attention they get passed with ease, and its wrong.

I don't know where I'm going with this but I think I've defended some of my posts.

As far as I'm concerned, No vote, no voice. you have no right to complain if you don't vote to change. simple one day you will understand politics, probably when it has lead to something happening that you feel strongly about.

Just taken the test. Quite interesting. Put me a bit to the right of centre and more towards libertarian than authoritarian, not hugely surprising.

Two criticisms. First some of the questions were quite practical rather than philosophical, for example, I am in favour of the rehabilitation of offenders because unless they are given the death penalty it is cheaper than prison. Second what is the point of knowing where compared to others in extremely broad political terms? Surely you need more detailed knowledge of a politician's or a party's views to guide your vote.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I was supprised to be right next to Gandhi and the Dalai Lama on the scale, now where did I put my loin cloth, peace out brothers.

I didn't understand all the questions, but heres my results:
Economic left/right:-4.38
Social Libitarian/athoritarian:-3.03

Is that good? -3 more from Left/ right is where gandhi is, so it can't be that bad.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:... Is that good? ...
Sounds good to me ... kick out the jams, comrade Wink