Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to stop wanting straight guys
I want to get over the feeling of liking a straight guy. I want to stop wanting, dreaming to be with and loving in my mind straight guys. I really wanna get rid of this feeling completely. Although it;s not like every guy I meet I like them right away, but only to that specific guys. Im feeling depressed already everytime this happens.. Help me please... What should I do???Sad

first, i am curious on why do you want to stop feeling this?

My only advise that i can give you, and thats from my experience cause i ve been in your place a few times, is to enjoy it as much as you can!
What i mean is every time that he talk to you, every single moment that you are with him treasure it and you can dream of it us much as you can and feel that you may have something even if you know that its impossible. Try to be friends with him if you are not already, and maybe you ll gonna have in the end a really good friend.
Also you will see that this is just a crush it will fade away by the time and you gonna keep yours friendship which counts most! Smile

seeking Wrote:first, i am curious on why do you want to stop feeling this?

I also find I am chronically attracted to straight guys. The reason I personally want to overcome this is mostly because I get depressed when I know there is a fundamental reason I will never be with someone I am attracted to. When I am attracted to a gay guy, even if every factor seems to say that it will never happen, there is still that glimmer of hope that at least, fundamentally, we both like the same thing.

I have been in exactly the same situation for the past year. I really like that boy, but he is straight, and very homophobic, so I will never have any chance, but I wanted to tell him. Happily there was one great person who came and helped me. He asked me " So, what are you expecting from that guy?" Also think about that, LGBT people are constantly fighting for their rights and that they should not be discriminated. You on the other hand like this straight guy, ask yourself why is he straight, because he likes only girls, so if you want to have a relationship with him, you would not respect his rights, and would be discriminating his feelings. I know it is hard, and despite the huge support from Ryan, I am still struggling to get over my secret crush, but every time I think of that straight boy, I immediately ask myself what do I want from him (of corse the answers is obvious, but be realistic and think about the chances of that happening in real life), and think about the fact that the people who are fighting not to be discriminated, are discriminating people about a similar thing. I hope that I have been helpful, sorry if you don't like it.

I don't think you should blame yourself if you find Straight men attractive. I don't think you can change this attraction by sheer will.

I have experienced rejection enough times, but I don't believe in the existance of 100% Straight men. I can only suggest that you move into a more tolerant environment, like Sanf Francisco Califortnia.

Straight men have no cause for hating you just because you find them hot . . . . .

Just be proud of your good taste !

I agree with Gpbi, just enjoy the times that your with him (as friends of course if that is the case).