Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird injuries!
Friday Night and there was a line out the door to get in and the other bartender had some kind of emergency and left me behind the bar with maybe 100 people wanting a drink at the same time constantly...so i did it fine for a couple of hours and it slowed down for a second and I remember I had maybe five beers in one hand and I had two of three in the other and I reached in one cooler to get a different beer and I snapped something in my back...I couldn't; move at all for almost a week and then it went away as fast as it came. I always thought you had to do something drastic for that to happen but apparently all you have to do is move or twist the wrong way at the wrong time.

OrphanPip Wrote:My weirdest injury... I once cut myself on a pillow.

How can you cut yourself on a pillow ?! :eek:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

MRSA isn't weird its serious Sad Im glad things sorta worked out well I don't know if they have but you didn't die or lose your foot.. !
[/COLOR]

Fred + East - Back pain seems to be a common thing which like the most simple of movements seem to get you :frown:
[/COLOR]

Not a weird injury, but pretty stupid. Years ago I feel asleep in front of the television. When I woke up I had pins and needles in my right foot. I stood up and shook it about a bit to try and kick start the circulation, but in that uncontrolled state it touched the floor mid-shake. Must have been more than a touch as the x-ray later revealed a cracked bone. Very painful.

Last weekend I stood up after playing my drums for a while and promptly fell over the drum stool. As the stool tumbled over and I attempted to regain my balance before causing injury I managed to scrape a ten-pence sized chunk out of the sole of my foot. I didn't realise feet could bleed so much.

Moral - wear shoes when playing drums.

EEK That sounds painful :eek: Wear shoes all the time !!
[/COLOR]

This was a couple of years ago. My mom has those fluffy coverings to the toilet seat lid and the tank lid, they match the rugs. Anyway, she had washed them and needed help putting the covering on the tank lid and asked me to hold it for her since it was heavy. So I was holding it and the covering had elastic or something and as she was putting it on, the thing wouldn't fit easily so we're trying to shove the thing on and it kind of sling shot out, I tried to catch it but it hit the toilet tank, and broke.

One of my hands got cut on the ceramic and the weird injury was it somehow cut me between two of my fingers and split the webby-skin. It was kind of cool, I could see the inside of my hand between my fingers because it didn't bleed a lot. :tongue:

I had to go to the emergency room, get stitches, and a tetanus shot. They put this crazy amount of bandage on my hand so that you couldn't miss it. :redface: I still have the weird scar.

YUCK! You could see inside your hand?! Thats disgusting I'd have passed out Sad
[/COLOR]

Your very squeamish twazzle Tongue

Blood and Gore = ICK. Sad Some child ran into a bar in work and it went on their eye and their eye was covered with blood BLEH eyes are icky too!
[/COLOR]