Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 'ruins' a movie for you?
Utter stupidity being passed off as comedy. I hate it when the whole movie is based on a character that is stupid and so gets in situations that are caused by their stupidity. Will Farrell movies do this a lot. I can't watch many of them because they aren't that funny. Exception: Stranger than Fiction.

There is a difference between stupidity and naivety.

Anything Hallmark-esque.

Unrealistic characters and plot. I hate it when movies are filled with dialogue that no one in real life would say and when characters act in pointless ways only to serve a poorly written plot. These are the ultimate film sins for me.

I can't stand b and c movies, just have never got into movies like that.

Especially movies that they play on the Syfy channel, like shark tornado and things along that line, I just can't seem to get any interest in those, so boring.

When at the theaters I get so tired of people that talk while the movie is playing, its like come one shut the hell up. I gotta start being more polite if I am going to be a woman, yeah right as if I am going to be polite to people as a woman, lol

I am usually all for movies that have action in them, war theme and comedy, special effects and all that fun stuff.

Wolfpack Wrote:Characters like Jar Jar Binks from Star wars really ruin a movie for me, why oh why could they just not have left him in the swamp????????

Will Farrell for me. Hate him.

For me it's not much the actor, the plot or anything else, what spoil a movie for me is with the person I watch it with. Lucky enough Alex isn't like that, but there's some of my friends who'd either comment on about everything, suddenly scream, talk to the actor knowing far well that he won't answer - for god' sake it's a movie damn it LOL. Last movie I watch the guy kept on screaming to the actor to run, watch behind him or anything of that sort. That ruins a movie completely, I already have problem staying put to watch a movie, I don't need a chatter box to comment on every scenes.

Alex Wrote:Well, since I'm not much a fan of Justin's music, I can appreciate him as an actor. See, one I like is Mark Walhberg, I actually find him better at acting than singing Smile

Mark Wahlberg sings? since when? i have never heard him. the thing with Wahlberg is that he was an actor first, he got famous through acting. so it doesn't matter. we tend to think of him as an actor rather than a musician.

same goes for Jared Leto. actor first, then he started pursuing his band thing.

meridannight Wrote:Mark Wahlberg sings? since when? i have never heard him. the thing with Wahlberg is that he was an actor first, he got famous through acting. so it doesn't matter. we tend to think of him as an actor rather than a musician.

same goes for Jared Leto. actor first, then he started pursuing his band thing.

Look up Marky Mark. That was Wahlberg before he was an actor.

Borg69 Wrote:Will Farrell for me. Hate him.

i used to hate him as an actor. but it changed at one point. it was The Producers that changed it for me. i absolutely fucking loved him there, and i started back-tracking to his earlier movies, and i've come to a conclusion that he must've had a crap manager who put him up for roles that did not suit him. he is very specific as an actor, and if he's cast just right he is an amazing talent.

Gratuitous sex scenes or story lines.