Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 'ruins' a movie for you?
This doesn't just happen in Horror movies, but it is most prevalent in them. The killer kills everyone else in the movie that it comes into contact with, but for some reason there is the one character the killer will knock out and walk away from instead of outright killing said individual. When this happens it is very apparent this character is going to survive and is gonna be used later for something in the plot.

It totally breaks a the killer and just makes absolutely no sense to me. Why even make the scene at all? If you don't want to kill a character, fine. Don't make a scene where said character was in a position to be killed and should have been killed because said character was just as vulnerable as the ones who were.
---

A couple days ago my boyfriend and I were watch an episode of "Supernatural" and I started to get real upset and we turned it off because the creature in the episode was putting live Cats in a bag. I just really couldn't take even the thought of what the creature was gonna do with the Cats even though I know it wasn't real and they weren't gonna show what he would do with them.

jennifer lopez[Image: Jennifer-Lopez-movie.jpg]

Also Ben Assflex

[Image: 24bbdf5f5b.jpg]

Cinematography. If I don't find the film to "aesthetically" pleasing I'll lose interested in the first few minutes. If a movie has a big budget and looks like a made-for-TV-movie you've lost on the basis. Which is why I HATE really big HD TVs that take up a whole wall. My eyes just can't adjust to my friend's larger-than-life-TV. I'm so used to my 32in 1080p Westinghouse.

And then the other make or breakers: plot, character development, acting and dialogue.

Although, I do admit, I have more than a soft spot for the old exploitation films of yesteryear and campy horror/slashers.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

Two things spoil films:

1. People watching them with you who feel the need to spout commentary non-stop or talk throughout the film. Or who decide to practically start having sex. Bit of a distraction! Of course, this only applies to watching films in cinema.

2. When people spoil films for you.

3. When a main character from the film starts making a nauseating monologue about how humanity is great and how it's awesome that we have so many people from different cultures all living together in perfect harmony. The one that most springs to mind is a speech made by one of the main characters in Les Poupees Russes or Russian Dolls (2005) a French multilingual rom-com. At the end there's a wedding which the whole film builds up to where that kind of sentiment is expressed. I just find it sickening for some reason plus it's a lot of nonsense anyway. From now on I try to avoid films like this.

Wise or witty children. They are almost never convincing. Adult writers rarely can resist making a child character smarter than the adults in the room, which is almost never the case.

Teens, not so much an issue.