Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the weather like where you are?
Hasn’t stopped raining here.
An eye for an eye

Still hot here. 32c
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Looks like we are going to spend the day wet.

Tropical Storm Fay, Record Earliest 'F' Storm, Producing Flooding Rain in Parts of New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland
By weather.com meteorologists

Tropical Storm Fay is quickly moving up the East Coast and, while not a major storm, will bring the threat of locally flooding rain, gusty winds and poor beach conditions through early Saturday to parts of the Northeast.

Fay became a tropical storm late Friday afternoon as it was centered just off the Outer Banks of North Carolina and has steadily intensified as it has moved northward.

It's currently centered just east of the Delmarva Peninsula, moving almost due north. Most all of the rain associated with Fay is to the north and northwest of its center, spreading up the Jersey Shore.

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/new...-northeast

So we've gotten to the letter 'F' faster than ever before.  Lovely.  Welcome to July of 2020.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Been too hot and humid today... 33c / 91.4f!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47aa5a2e3c343ef9afb6...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ef2bc53ed0336a6df1...=giphy.gif]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

It's a bit cooler today... still hot... 27c / 80.6 but at least it rained to make it bit less humid! Lots of thunderstorms!
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@andy we had a high of 91 / 32.8... although I was inside at work most of the day

It really hasn't been all that hot this year..usually gets into the upper 90's in the summer...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

Finally cooler! There have been some really hot spells this Summer. Temperatures peaked at 34°C here on Tuesday, which is rare for the southwest of England (this temperature is a little more common in London and larger cities). Also, all three Summer months have seen multiple days of 30+°C, which isn't common here either. Usually we may only have one or two instances of 30+ and not in all 3 Summer months.

A lot of the UK has since been hit by storms this week, though we have missed them all here. It did finally rain today though, and it feels much fresher which I am thankful for.

UK here and so hot - got myself a JML Chillmax pillow off Amazon for £10 , its just amazing , its a bit like a gel pack that reacts to heat and goes cold , put it in a pillow case or just on top and it gives so much relief and cools your head and nec when your trying to sleep....or whatever else you want to cool on your body lol - it does warm up itself eventually after an hour but put it to one side a while the use again - in this heat its been a godsend

Raining pretty hard right now...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

we went from highs in the 90's(f) to 78 and my sinuses went out of control. my headache is going on day 2 now Sad
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]