Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your opinion on plain packaging for cigarettes?
There IS the fact that the ADDICTIVE ingredients in cigarettes is NOT the tobacco, it is the chemicals they coat or soak the tobacco IN while processing said tobacco!

All natural tobacco is 75% LESS addictive than chemically treated tobacco.

If governments were to OUTLAW the use of chemically treated tobacco, then that would have a REAL affect on smokers.

And all natural tobacco is not such a negative aspect on health as chemically treated tobacco is.
Just as the chemicals are the addictive part of a cigarette, they are also the main factors in causing cancers and other diseases related to smoking.

Yes, smoking would still be bad for you, but all natural tobacco would decrease health risks and addictions in much greater numbers.

It's still a disgusting habit.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

MisterTinkles Wrote:There IS the fact that the ADDICTIVE ingredients in cigarettes is NOT the tobacco, it is the chemicals they coat or soak the tobacco IN while processing said tobacco!

All natural tobacco is 75% LESS addictive than chemically treated tobacco.

If governments were to OUTLAW the use of chemically treated tobacco, then that would have a REAL affect on smokers.

And all natural tobacco is not such a negative aspect on health as chemically treated tobacco is.
Just as the chemicals are the addictive part of a cigarette, they are also the main factors in causing cancers and other diseases related to smoking.

Yes, smoking would still be bad for you, but all natural tobacco would decrease health risks and addictions in much greater numbers.

I have always wondered why concerned governments don't just ban the addictive chemicals.

Woollyhats Wrote:I have always wondered why concerned governments don't just ban the addictive chemicals.
I can talk for Italy, my country: It's a big business, owned by the Government itself...

Air is so overrated and tasteless!!!! I prefer some flavor with my air,,, and cigarettes are great at flavoring the air.

Plus cigarettes have filters on them that take out harmful pollutants that are carried around by air. So, don't inhale air without a filter!!! Smoke a filtered cigarette and live longer.

An added bonus of cigarette packs being "plain" without anything on them is ::: you can use the empty packages as "Note Pads". So there,,,, you can save a few trees while your inhaling your favorite filtered-air-flavored-cigarette.

Live Long & Prosper (with cigarettes)...................................
We Have Elvis !!

I couldnt give a toss in hell what they do and id rather have a plain pack than a picture of someones rotted teeth or giant tumor or the baby breathing smoke and i roll me own anyway and im gonna get me an old bacci pouch, like one i nearly got a few years ago that was from the american civil war on ebay for £20 and im already.looking for one.

OMG what do they think, we smoke cause we like the packaging, i couldnt give a toss in hell, did i already say that?

[Image: australias-cigarette-plain-packaging-law...kaging.jpg]

I sell tobacco as part of my job. We have had plain packaging in Australia since December 2012 and in those 14 months there has been an increase equal or greater than pre-plain packaging. It has made absolutely no impact on sales at all and it wasted hundreds of millions of dollars legislating the change.

This is evidence that the people are not stupid...only the politicians and legislators are stupid...DON'T GO TO UNIVERSITY, it is bad for your health and you could end up being a politician.

PS. If the government was a parent and those that vote for them their children...wouldn't the government be guilty of child abuse?

Oh well as a non smoker I definitely enjoy this.

These type of packaging in Chile have come hand in hand with the prohibition of smoking in any place indoors, restaurant, discos, whatever, except of course the households. Doesn't matter if your in a campus in the open wilderness. Within campus ground, NO SMOKING! WOOHOO!

Quite frankly, I was pleased. No more dodging smokers so they don't smoke to your face Confusedmile:

Now, as for the effects of the packaging, no, it does not have any effect what so ever. People hell bent on self-destruction will keep on that path no matter what anyone says.

I quite frankly would like to see taxes through the roof for tobacco and booz, that will be much more effective...and if they could eliminate the IVA on books I would be even more happy.

But is not money thrown to the garbage either. Its a protection companies have by saying "hey you have lung cancer now? Not our fault, we told you so in the several packages you consumed during your life"

[Image: Advertencias-Tabaco-2013_02a.jpg]

Hey, mommy smoker, you are f*cking up your baby

[Image: escanear0012.jpg]

Hey, old guy, surgeries to remove the larynx are not pleasant.

[Image: foto60020060816123656.jpg]

(for this one I would change the image for a sign stating the price for such surgery, that would have much more effect)

I love all of the above, but much more the almost-zero tolerance on smoking. Is just sweet sweet revenge for all the years I was smoked to my face in the most unbelievable places and I was told I had to deal with it.

I cannot wait for the day when fascism is implemented on tobacco.

the only thing that plain packets do it confuse the checkout staff.
Cost is a bigger issue

Oh and making them illegal does nothing, it just means the government doesn't get tax from them and there are dangers when you take out the quality control from them

Very true, the biggest impact of plain packaging is confusion when refilling shelves.