Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which foods or drinks don't you like?
Cant stand the taste of Lamb, and Red wine i think is the only drink i Don't like

I don't like carrot flavored juice, yuck. I don't like that, I forget, like, noodle stuff mixed with cabbage? What's it called? I don't like prune juice either, though who doesn't. Not crazy about black licorice either.

all is good, eat anything in moderation

I don't like tomatoes
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:I don't like tomatoes

Well then don't come here in summer time - with several bushes of tomatoes tomato becomes a mainstay.

I bet you would change you mind on tomatoes if you had one vine ripe picked at the height of its ripeness instead of those store bought picked before ripe, hybridized to have cardboard skin ones.

My favorite meal in summer is a fresh sliced tomato on bread with a bit of mayo and alfalfa sprouts. That is homemade bread half wholewheat half white often pan bread or what the English call English Muffins. Xyxthumbs

I'm not overly fond of trying new food to begin with, I usually stick with what I like so there's minimal risk of eating something I don't want.

I did try Ihop's New York cheesecake pancakes once, and I liked the flavor, but the texture of the cheesecake bites were too similar to uncooked pancake batter. It's the ONLY time I've ever sent food back.

ChrisD Wrote:@ MisterTinkles:

Urgh, I can't stand onions, I prefer garlic (and lots of it Smile) The flavor and texture of onions is too much for me.

I haven't had dairy milk (except for skim in my coffee) for probably 9 or 10 years ever since I drank a glass of chocolate milk that had a lump in it. I still like cheese, though.

Bacon, PB and all the other stuff was voluntary too, again I blame overexposure. Actually bacon's just bad for you, that's why...
The breakfast food thing is because of our weekly family breakfast Sunday morning. After 17 years of pancakes, eggs (and bacon once upon a time), I can't stand any of these things
.....I'd probably be a vegetarian if it weren't for my parents

Im with you on the garlic too!!

Have you ever seen the cooking series by Jeff Smith? He has a philosophy that theres no such thing as "too much onion or garlic". LOVE THAT!!!!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well then don't come here in summer time - with several bushes of tomatoes tomato becomes a mainstay.

I bet you would change you mind on tomatoes if you had one vine ripe picked at the height of its ripeness instead of those store bought picked before ripe, hybridized to have cardboard skin ones.

My favorite meal in summer is a fresh sliced tomato on bread with a bit of mayo and alfalfa sprouts. That is homemade bread half wholewheat half white often pan bread or what the English call English Muffins. Xyxthumbs

You sound like a Southern boy now!!! I was raised on "maters, taters, and onions".

My favorite is Beefsteak tomato, ripened on the vine. OMG.....CANDY!!!!! Slice that sucker up into little "steaks", sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on it, and MMM, MMM GOOD!!!

@ MisterTinkles: Yes, my grandfather gave me one of his books a while back...........the Frugal Gourmet, or something like that.

Chase Wrote:I don't like carrot flavored juice, yuck. I don't like that, I forget, like, noodle stuff mixed with cabbage? What's it called? I don't like prune juice either, though who doesn't. Not crazy about black licorice either.

Never had carrot flavored juice. I used to make my own carrot juice, which was good.

I love cabbage, and if you are talking about those Ramen noodle things with dried cabbage in it, yeah....the REAL stuff is awesome.

Prune juice is good, if you get the right kind. If you get some that isnt processed correctly, it tastes funky.

Dont like any kind of candy licorice. ICKY POO!