Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is worse- Gay or straight slang?
Gay slang is stupid. For one, we only have terms for the extremes of masculinity and femininity- There are no words to describe anyone in between. In other words, there are no slang terms for a very large percent of gay people.

But straight slang might be even worse. Straight people are so obsessed with #YOLO and #Swag that they don't even realize that it's generally not a good idea to walk like you're carrying 20 pounds of weed in your pockets.

Swag and Yolo is not straight slang - it's stupid teenagers wanting to justify their equally stupid behaviour with words lacking of the deeper associations they themselve perceive slang.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Swag and Yolo is not straight slang - it's stupid teenagers wanting to justify their equally stupid behaviour with words lacking of the deeper associations they themselve perceive slang.

You don't see gay men walking like murderous gangstas and saying #YOswagLO, do you?

Arkansota Wrote:You don't see gay men walking like murderous gangstas and saying #YOswagLO, do you?

I don't see anyone walking like murderous gangstas and saying Yolo and Swag. I see 14 year old sagging white guys with sunglasses and pubertal voice cracks do it. It's hard to tell whether they're gay or straight xD

SolemnBoy Wrote:I don't see anyone walking like murderous gangstas and saying Yolo and Swag. I see 14 year old sagging white guys with sunglasses and pubertal voice cracks do it. It's hard to tell whether they're gay or straight xD

In America, young adults do that shit all the time.

I personally see no problems with Slang, half of my "language" or Vernacular comprises of it, so to me it's common.

Similar to Jamaican Patois, Trinidadian Patois, St.Lucian Dialects and so forth. Even people from Texas in America talk with a "Slang". New Yorkers too.

It's just an informal way of speech, more important to a culture than in others, but none the less, a speech.

And YOLO/SWAG are abbreviations, just like LOL and TTYL, so just because a certain group uses them and the group is not entirely saint-like, doesn't make the "Slang" any better or worse than another.

As I see Black Kids saying Swag("Ya got Swag Brah!) and White Kids saying Legit("Tots Legit Dude!"), and even vice versa in some cases, so I really don't see what the big deal is...

I think you havea problem more with the character or actions of the people who use those terms, than you do the terms themselves. I could be wrong however Wink

YOLO and things like that are said by annoying teenagers . sexuality doesn't have anything to do with it

(not saying all teenagers are annoying . just the ones who say YOLO Smile )

megumidesu Wrote:YOLO and things like that are said by annoying teenagers . sexuality doesn't have anything to do with it

(not saying all teenagers are annoying . just the ones who say YOLO Smile )

YOLO...huh?

^o^ Imu2

I would hardly say that yolo and swag are terms related to the topic at all, just terms used by mainstream hip hop culture to attempt to convince the impressionable that actions counter to good sense and decorum is a good idea...

However, I find myself curious, what sort of gay slang are you referring to? My time spent with the culture has been extremely limited.

Bear- Hairy gay man
Cub- Young bear
Twink- Smooth, hairless young adult gay male
Daddy- Prefers much younger men
Son- Prefers much older men