Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is worse- Gay or straight slang?
I don't know gay/straight slang (especially in my second language) but I cannot stand the 90% of the slang. When someone use a slang in front of me I start to treat him as a child, maybe not explicitly but I really lose a lot of my attention.

That is... somewhat limited. Then again there's not many terms for straight, either.

I have very limited exposure to slang other than this forum and TV Shows,so what is it again the slang for extreme femininity and masculinity?

Hipsters. You must destroy them. ALL of them.

I don't use gay or straight slang I just talk like me!

mamza Wrote:I have very limited exposure to slang other than this forum and TV Shows,so what is it again the slang for extreme femininity and masculinity?

Camp, Queen, Nelly and Butch, Stud, Daddy respectively.

Still, I believe "Slang" is important and isn't unique to the modern age. Ever heard of Pidgins?

Why waste time and say (Standard English): "Hello, are you Gerald's Son?" When you can say(Bermudian English): "Wagwaan, ya Gerald's Bie?" Or (Jamaican Patois): "Wagwaan, unu Gerald's Pickney?"

Much simpler and quicker. (Although we've adopted the whole "Wagwaan" thing from Jamaicans, so typically we would say Hello as well)

Not to say regular english is bad, but sometimes slang is important and remember, the root of alot of "real slang" originates from under-education. Sneakers =Kicks, because maybe a homeless boy saw someone kicking rocks and called the things Kicks and it caught on.

Where I came from here, it wasn't the "Ghetto" per se, but wasn't the best part of Bermuda, so I grew up around alot of the "Slang" and old Bermuda words, so that's how I speak.

It doesn't mean I'm uneducated or that I walk with 20lbs of weed in my pockets, it's just how I talk.

Ay Buhs Hot as Chooks = Wow, it's so hot or It's hot.

De Bie Gawn Up de Road and Dahn de Cornah, Inna?= The Guy went up the road and down(or around) the Corner, right? = He left didn't he?

Slang has a purpose in all languages, no matter sexuality. Again, refer to Pidgins.

Someone who doesn't speak English now-a-days knows what YOLO means, what UK means, what LOL means, because they are univerally known ans understood. So Abbreviations and Slangs should not be so looked down upon.

Wink

What the fuck is YOLO? Sounds like a venereal disease.
"Oh Sylph done got YOLO and needs to go to the Dr to get some antibiotics".

Swag is stolen goods, I know that.

Dont like slang, cause its just moronic nowdays. Instead of mangling real words, they just make shit up now. Dont make no sense.

MisterTinkles Wrote:What the fuck is YOLO? Sounds like a venereal disease.
"Oh Sylph done got YOLO and needs to go to the Dr to get some antibiotics".

Swag is stolen goods, I know that.

Dont like slang, cause its just moronic nowdays. Instead of mangling real words, they just make shit up now. Dont make no sense.

Ya such a bitch! :p

You just jealous cause My Swag is more fly den yours...

Perhaps it's an American thing, as most of the people opposed are from the U S of A lol. I'll take my Swaggerific self and live my life, cause YOLO bitches :p

Who gives a shit?

Also Tinks, "YOLO" means "You only live once"

Miles Wrote:Who gives a shit?

Also Tinks, "YOLO" means "You only live once"

Unu affi tell di truf nah and is siiiiick! Smile

Di man dem a Stulla!

Isn't that right Milesy-Wilesy ^o^

Dese Bies ain't sure inna? Dey ain't bout dat life doe...

^o^
I love confusing people with Bermudian and Jamaican, it makes me giggle :3